Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Advice
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted
I'm looking at this Barth and wonder if anyone knows this coach or has any advice before I fly to Fl and make fool of myself.I am attaching a ad for it. Ant help would be appreciated Thanks Shadow I hhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-21-Foot-Barth-Motorhome-Totally-Restored-new-dealership-engine-/200838350184?forcev4exp=trueave to make a decision very soon.

Posts: 73 | Location: MA | Member Since: 06-13-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Here is the auction link

I assume you are the winning bidder at $8400? Just like any major purchase, I would just say that I hope you did a LOT of research. You didn't mention if you have any previous RV ownership experience.

This '77 could be everything that it's advertised to be, for your sake I hope that's the case. But know that older RV's require a lot of upkeep and maintenance, although Barth's have the advantage of solid aluminum exterior construction and quality interior components.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
200838350184?forcev4exp=trueave

What does all this mean?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
PM Jim and Tere.Here

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Many of us have seen John and Sophies coach at a previous Fla. GTG. It looked very nice, and John took a lot of pride in it. That being said, the only way to be sure all the claims are true would be to have it professionally inspected, including a compression check. If all checks out as advertised, I'd say you did quite well.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Probably the only major expense will be replacing the tires given that he says they are ovedr 5 years old but that is subject to what you see as to cracking, tread, etc. Mine are over 5 but look like new. I will attribute that to being in CA. I just did a vehicle swap with my son to include other things. The Tahoe had 5 year old tires that looked like new. It had sat up for 3 years. the more I drove it the more it vibrated. Had them balanced and rebalanced. They would be good for only a few miles. So, put on a new set and it runs smooth as silk now.

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
quote:
200838350184?forcev4exp=trueave

What does all this mean?

It was just the auction link kinda jumbled up in the text, that's why I posted a dedicated link in my response above. Wink

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post