Forums    General Discussions    Road Assistance?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Road Assistance?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Dave's comment under the "FUN FIND" thread about a treasure of belts and "roadside assistance" brings me to ask this. My storage compartment was also stocked with a variety of belts, clamps, hoses and various engine-related paraphernalia. I would hate to have to tackle such a job on the road. Which club or organization is recommended? Good Sam? _____ ?

Thanks

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Ron,

I have found that Coach Net, which is available through FMCA (Family Motor Coach Assn.) is the best one. First of all because it covers all of your personal cars and they have this killer tech service that can talk you through stuff. I have also had Good Sam, which is suppose is the biggest one because they had me on hold longest. And, I had AAA which doesn't know the difference between a 30 ft. 13,500# motorhome and a VW Beetle. With Coach Net, I had a flat tire and they sent a Truck Tire Mobile Repair unit that could fix the tire where it sat and when I had a broken alternator belt they sent a guy to put the belt on.

If you don't already belong to FMCA http://www.fmca.com it is not that much and you get a great magazine and other benefits

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got their info packet on the way. Thanks.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post