Forums    General Discussions    What's my Barth?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

What's my Barth?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I've had a 1977 since 1999. I've driven it from CA to Florida from then to 1005, most of the time pulling my little car to a track, staying at the track. I remember those days fondly. My daughter took it to the Bonaroo festival in 2007. I just had the brakes and front end aligned. I could leave today and drive back to CA.

Recently I decided to sell it to help finance my daughter's wedding. I discovered I don't know what model it is. How can I price it if I don't know what I have? I looked through the binder that came with it but nowhere does it say what model it is. It's 28 ft long bumper to bumper. Can anyone help?

Sparkman

Posts: 18 | Location: Sweetwater, TN | Member Since: 07-04-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Barth didn't start naming models until the early 80s.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That explains it. Thanks Rusty.

I'm planning to fix the generator before putting it up for sale. Everything else works fine. What's a reasonable asking price?

Posts: 18 | Location: Sweetwater, TN | Member Since: 07-04-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If you post the data tag info, we might be able to match it. Because Barth didn't include the bumpers in the length, yours may be a 27' - but the data tag (not the VIN) will reveal.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkman:
I'm planning to fix the generator before putting it up for sale. Everything else works fine. What's a reasonable asking price?

Pricing a used coach is best done by searching the For Sale, Sold, and Sighting of this forum. Condition, Mileage, and how Quick you want to sell, along with age of tires. For your year I would say $5,000 + or - $3,000.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
If you post the data tag info, we might be able to match it. Because Barth didn't include the bumpers in the length, yours may be a 27' - but the data tag (not the VIN) will reveal.

Sparkman, Is this information correct?

Year:: 1977
Model:: Regency?
Length:: 28 ft bumper to bumper
Engine:: 454 Chevrolet
Chassis:: Chevrolet CPY3773318258
Data Tag Number:: S77052219MC27S3

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin, yep the info is correct. I'm trying to upload a photo.

posted Hide Post
Send your pictures to:

barth_upload.61972@uploads.photobucket.com

from ordinary email as an attachment with "4sale"
in the subject line without the quotes. Send no more than 5 per email. When I see the pictures there I will teach you how to link the pictures.

There are guidelines for the posting of your Barth. You can read the information here.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:

Rusty, would this S77052219MC27S3 be Sparkman's data tag?

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Probably - Barth didn't use complete year of build until later, AFAIK.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke