Forums    General Discussions    Deleted topic?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Deleted topic?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
A thread that had much valuable discussion about a very serious issue, with many posts my different members, not just me, has been deleted from this forum. This is, to me, a SERIOUS abuse of power by the moderator and I would like "voted" by members about this issue.

Posts: 159 | Location: Newington, CT USA | Member Since: 06-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I vote for the moderator.
Thanks

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
I think we should be allowed to vote too.....JUST AS SOON as we ALL contribute equal amounts of time, effort and money to maintaining this valuable site.....

Until then, I'll just appreciate whatever information I can glean from member contributions regarding maintenance, improvements and enjoyment of my coach, and leave it to the site owner/moderator to decide what is appropriate content on HIS site...

Possible Compromise: Create a Food Fight section as another discussion category......

"Abuse of power"??......hardly.........

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
I VOTE FOR THE MODERATOR. THANKS DAVE FOR DOING SUCH A WONDERFUL JOB.

RALPH GLOVER

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep it the way it is, Dave. All opinions are of value when seeking the truth.

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Perhaps milder words should have been used.I considered suggesting privatly that some of the posts be edited by the author or authors to appear a little less vitriolic. I am sorry now that I did not.

That said, I will admit that I am sorry to see the thread gone, as well. There was a lot of great information and opinions there, on both sides. Heck, one of my replies was darn near The Great American Novel. Well, maybe short story. Even though I type like a sleet storm, a lot of thought goes into some of my stuff.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited May 11, 2004).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Dave.

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once I had a problem with this site so I wrote to Dave directly about how I felt. He patiently explained the process and reasoning of his actions and then it all became very clear to me. I wasn't seeing the whole picture. I'm glad I didn't humiliate myself and make a public issue of it..

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
A short explaination...

I just don't want things to get personal. The only times I have ever deleted posts is when names are used in a derogatory fashion. And, it may seem like it but it isn't just always posts about me. Bill doesn't know it but I deleted a post which asked the question, "who the hell is he and does he think he knows everything?". I thought about all of the responses such as "Well he seems like a really nice guy and yes, he does know everything and that's why were happy to have him". But it deleted the post instead.

I have deleted a few Bush hating posts and even one Kerry hating post. I even deleted several of my own post because I can be the biggest jerk of all when I am mad. When the Rangers called me a crook and booted me from their organization I wrote a post that burned into my CRT screen, but it was only there for a day before I deleted. And, my wife didn't even have to tell me to. "That was a personal breakthrough."

I deleted one post when a normally very nice guy posted that he thought that another guys coach was ugly. He re-read the post and agreed.

In this case it was getting argumentative. And it was insinuated that I personally had a vendetta against the type of coach in question. If I have a vendetta against a motorhome it will be mine, because I haven't gone on a single trip yet with out a problem.

I do recognize that sometimes I am too verbal. My Psychology major daughter tells me I do not have a healthy internal monologue. In fact, a couple months ago a guy sent me an email asking me to help him on deciding on which 1973 Barth to buy. He said he could only afford a $6,000.00 coach. I said that there was no such thing as a good 30 year old coach to buy, that if you can only afford a $6,000.00 coach, you can not afford a $6,000.00 coach. Saying that that $6K coach will certainly be a $10K at the end of the first 12 months....Deb correctly said, I could have put it a different way, Libby mentions internal monolog again.

Because my dad was a California construction worker and I have been a commissioned sales man for 30 years I am inherently insecure. I would not have bought my 20 year old coach if I didn't have the money in the bank for a new engine and transmission and wouldn't cry if I had to spend it. (I ended up spending it.}

When some more secure people see a new owner of a 30 year old coach like the ones we discuss here. I am sure that some see years of joyful vacationing and memories being created. I see a young couple who re-fi'd their house to buy this baby and now they are sitting outside the Bagdad Café trying to get Les Hoagland on the line to have an axle shaft sent to them.

So my desire is just to have accurate info dissiminated here. I am sure that none of the MCC owners on this website bought their coach blindly. I just want to make sure that no one who frequents this site will do so.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even when the great minds collide and hard feelings grow, this is still the best site i've seen. I,m sure everyone who peeks this site daily, as I do,understands both sides and likes both writers. nuff said? bobnshirley

Posts: 2 | Location: tucson,arizona.u.s. | Member Since: 03-16-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think it's time for a group HUG!!!!!

Posts: 37 | Location: St. Paul. Mn. USA | Member Since: 04-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't feel humiliated one bit, hilarlee... It's an issue I feel too strongly about to dismiss.

Keep voting, folks! Your democratic (not autocratiic) system at work...

cheers, Dute

Posts: 159 | Location: Newington, CT USA | Member Since: 06-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Paul 1975/P30/mod 23>
posted
I two have been removed from the files . No big deal just renter and go for it . Thank all of you for the good information and humor. Paul

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Dute, my statements regarding humility was not directed towards you so I apologize for any misunderstanding. Believe me when I say those statements were referring to ME!

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, no sweat! My skins pretty thick... I'm a High School Teacher!

Cheers, Dute