Forums    General Discussions    A sad day.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A sad day.
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
I am sad to say that I just received notice of the passing of one of our long time site members, Mary Ray. I have no details to share other than she passed away earlier today.

Mary Ray was a great lady who loved Barth coaches and Barth people. She was active for many years, here on the site and at numerous GTG events. She was a site member since 2004. She had a great sense of humor and was always a hoot to be around.

Mary Ray had 3 Barths. She was a Barth collector indeed. A few years back we established an unofficial Barth subgroup, the Mary Ray club, for those who have owned more than one Barth. I am a proud member of that club.

Mary Ray was one of the first Barthmobile members I met, over 10 years ago. When I replaced the 454 in my 86 Regal with the 454HO engine, I gave her the old engine, which she installed in her 85.

Mary Ray was a great person to have known. I am grateful for the times we spent together, she was a special friend to me.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
We mourn and celebrate Mary Ray. Our condolences to her family!

Larry-David thank you for getting her to the GTG’s. She was always a blast to have there. She was a regular in the chat room for many years until her vision waned.

I remember her asking if it was okay to contribute Moonshine for the “Wine tasting “. She got a rousing heck yes from me. I got my taste!

Fun times and memories!

I was happy to Join the Mary Ray Club. Owning 3 at one time ,currently at 2.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1381 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Mary Ray was at several of the events I attended and we chatted a bit on the phone. She will be missed.

Moonshine... good times - great person. Love you Mary!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Mary Ray was at several of the events I attended and we chatted a bit on the phone. She will be missed.

Moonshine... good times - great person. Love you Mary!

And Bill you are also a member of the Mary Ray club. That is an honor that will never go away!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1381 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
We miss you Mary, you were a great story teller and a wonderful friend. Our condolences to David aka Larry and Amy.
Never forget the story of David and his buddies partying on top of your Flintstone Mobil sitting on a couch (on top of Barth). Your little Yorkie, your racing days, your travels in younger years.
Proud owner of Flintstone Mobil, the Command Center and the cute little Barth travel trailer, you had them all.

It was always a good time at the GTGs when you attended. Great humour and wonderful energy.

Doris and Marvin

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
My wife and I met Mary and her daughter years ago for lunch and swap meet. What a great time we had and memories to keep.
Pleasant travels Mary.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful spirit, to be missed is a vast understatement. Rest well Mary!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
This is really sad news!

Mary Ray was a wonderful person full of life, wit, great humor and love for her friends and family.

She was an especially good friend to her Barth family.

Our condolences to her family and our thanks and gratitude for the good times we shared.

We will miss you Mary Ray and our lives are better for having known you!

Wally and Connie

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Following a suggestion, a few months back I called you to wish you Happy Birthday. You had no reason to know who I was yet we had a delightful hour-long conversation. We chatted like lifelong friends. Such a fine role model for me. Thanks Mary Ray.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
One small correction. Mary Ray actually owned 4 Barths. She bought Rusty's 94 Breakaway after he died. Donna and I will miss her. The Mary Ray stories are legendary

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post