Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I can't make up my mind
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
I of course love my 28 foot Regal, however, it seems like every couple weeks or so we are introduced to another Barth for me to fall in love with. I even go for the lepard skinned class C. But every once in a while someone sends me some image that just take the cake. Now I am late on this because Ed Gilmore sent me images of his 40 footer back in Feb 2003. Now Ed bought his coach from Caterpillar. Well, I'm going to just copy the email he sent me and check out his handy work.

DAVE I bought this 40' from Caterpillar Tractor, who employed me as an aircraft tech. on their corporate world wide aircraft. this was a commercial sales tool. it has 2 doors for ease of getting customer in an out tolook at displays of engines,heads, turbo's, injectors, fuel pumps, etc.. the Gillig chassis is double one c-channel frame inside the other. for strength. they gave me a complete in frame overhaul(don't forget i worked for executive flt. department) I had to provide labor, myself a buddy and a cat. dealer mech. with bearing roll in tools.
before we started over haul we gutted the inside except for dash. there was an office area, with tv, vcr,sofa and oak walltable and oak overhead cabinets all forward of door shown. Electric provded by 7.8 gen. elect. flush heat thru out. office and exhibit area wall and door separating, 2 overhead a/c's no plumbing or water (no facilities).

I TORE ALL OUT TO ALUMINUM STUDS AND BARE FLOOR.I t was taken back over to the barth family but not factory in 1997 and Bill Barth 72 yrs. old and son in law oversaw what you see the son in law is now at coachman ,and I lost track of the other 3 participants. you don't even want to know cost.
corian hardwood in kitchen and 65" bath, washer combo, dishwasher, a very complete coach.
enough rambling
not to good photogapher

regards
Ed Gilmore

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Dave I couldn't agree with you more. I see a new Barth for sale on this site and I can just see me and my wife driving down the road. That last 28' with the toad that was just sold had me down the road in style. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dreaming is a wonderful thing. Strange as it may seem just a few months ago my dream was to someday own a Prevost or the likes. Now my dream is to someday own a 40 foot 1996-98 Barth. Maybe, that's my dream. It will change I'm sure. Keep on dreaming Dave, and Dennis. DREAMING IS FUN, and FUN IS GOOD.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First dibs on Dave's current sled. :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post