Forums    General Discussions    Platepal your 'ride' ??
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Platepal your 'ride' ??
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
http://www.pl8tpal.com/product-category/country/rv/

http://www.pl8tpal.com/photo-gallery/

would you buy this?

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I do not think you are permitted to obstruct the view of the plate in Ohio. Even smoke colored plates are not permitted. I purchased my plate cover at the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles. So the answer is NO, I would not waste my money. Thumbs Down nono

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Those plate covers would be illegal in Florida as would any colored or smoked ones. Also plate frames covering any lettering such as the issuing state, expiration date are illegal in Florida.

The above includes vehicles from other states in Florida.
The charge is driving with an obscured tag/plate.

40 years service as a L.E.O.,

Jim

Another thing people are starting to do is use colored lights to illuminate the plate, this is also against the law in Florida which states white light only.

Light regulations in Florida are as follows:
Front of vehicle- white headlights, white or amber driving/fog lights , directional lights white or amber only.
Side lights amber front, red rear only.
Rear of vehicle, taillights/brake lights red,
directional lights red or amber, back-up lights white or amber only. Emergency vehicles exempt.

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Jim is, of course , right about Florida laws concerning the plates. I recently heard on my car radio about a lady getting a ticket and healthy fine for a cover that obscured the bottom lettering, so I started checking other cars, and the next 22 cars I saw ALL had covers that obscured a part of the plate, and nearly all were dealer installed ad rings. So when you drive that brand new car off the lot you are already breaking the law!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post