Forums    General Discussions    Online Live Chatroom - Join the Fun!
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Online Live Chatroom - Join the Fun!
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
axles

Posts: 8 | Location: North Richland Hills | Member Since: 02-04-2013Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Bump. Avast! antivirus is now compatible. Still, dropouts are routine; my issues were solved with a new modem.

Firefox seems to work best, displaying in the correct proporions, and it just updated itself with the latest version of Adobe Flash.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy Folks! After lots of research in purchasing a "used RV, I'm giving serious thought to the purchase of a 1991 Barth with a 5.9 cummings. Any thoughts or concerns? The attention to quality of the Barth product is what really appeals to me over most other RV's out there. Thank you in advance for your responces.

Posts: 2 | Location: Florida | Member Since: 01-05-2016Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Other than the usual maintenance issues for any machinery that is 25 years old, I would check to see how often the vehicle was used and how long since it was run.

If it was regularly used, the systems are hopefully mostly functional. If it has been sitting more than year there will be many more things to check.

#1 (always) pull all wheels, check brakes, lines, and suspension components.

#2 check fuel. Diesel fuel will go nasty rather quickly, especially in warm damp climates. Change all fuel filters.

#3 check all rubber parts, ie belts, hoses.

#4 check all appliances, etc.

Search the site here and you will find numerous discussions of these and other topics.

As we say here, you're often better off with an old Barth than some other coaches. If you are diligent, you can fix the Barths faster then they break, not always so for other old coaches. Good luck.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Steve W. Much appreciated

Posts: 2 | Location: Florida | Member Since: 01-05-2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say Hi. We are new to Barth ownership. We recently bought a 1965 19' Barth trailer. I thought I'd sign up on Barthmobile.com to keep in touch with other owners and ask questions or get answers. So far, we've only logged one outing, but are going to a couple of vintage rallies in April.

Posts: 3 | Location: Brea, CA | Member Since: 02-10-2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We recently purchased a 1972 Barth and have just put it in the garage to get it checked out--but it drove fine from Sussex, New Jersey to Manhattan. She's a beautiful machine. Polished aircraft aluminum skin and all original interior etc, but needs lots of work!

Posts: 2 | Location: Manhattan | Member Since: 03-20-2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's Beelzebub!

Posts: 2 | Location: Manhattan | Member Since: 03-20-2016Report This Post