Forums    General Discussions    The Last One (probably)
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

The Last One (probably)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
Here it is. Name to be selected. If it looks familiar, it's Mr. Beard's, Marvin and Doris, Jerry Davis, and now Jim and Tere
We were thinking of Bert to honor my dad, but Tere want's our granddaughter Julie who named both Old Blue, and Little Blue(a winnie minnie). So, we'll see what Julie comes up with.
Jim (aka Hum)

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Salute

That looks great , Congratulations Smiler

Time to Mechanic so you can Tooling Along

Hopefully we'll be on the road with you soon Hide

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great unit, Hit the road!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Doing a few things, mostly lights, checking out all the systems and some minor modifications to the sewer system.Biggest thing we are working on is the generator. Starts and runs fine but won't start the a/c.
Jim (aka Hum)

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
OK we are dying to know... does it have levelers? ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Yes, it does!! Thumbs Up All four of them. And it came with a Gear Vendors with all electrical connections and instructions. All I have to do is install it. And new coil springs and air bags on the front and 6 almost new tires.

Just ordered new brushes and springs and a Slip Stick to clean the rings. Tere is doing some work on lights and the heater blower motor.

So, when's the next gtg?

Jim (aka Hum)

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!! Love to see our old Baby Barth in good hands and nice to continue with its story.
Might have to come and visit Big Grin
We have still have the new clearance lights for the top front if you would like them. Found them in our shed. Only changed one years ago.
Have fun, hope to see you at the next GTG

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
ooh Gear Vendors too. Deja Vu. Good luck with the coach. I have been working on insulation in the side panels. Changed the oil. Working on floor repair in holding tank bay.

This is the first fall I did not bring the coach to my diesel service guys. In the past 3 years I've had them work on exhaust manifold, starter, all four air suspension bags, brakes all four, axle seals all four, fan motor replaced, drag link and alignment. This year I only need oil changed and fuel filters changed, and grease job.

I will be taking it south to Florida in late October. (ie winterizing the coach!) We are heading to UP to visit Dad tomorrow for a few days.

Good luck with the coach Jim. Hope to see you at your next GTG cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
Congratulations!!! Love to see our old Baby Barth in good hands and nice to continue with its story.
We have still have the new clearance lights for the top front if you would like them. Found them in our shed. Only changed one years ago.

BTW, I can't find the fuse block. Do you remember where it is? Thanks
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Seen you found the fuses. I would like to give a little history to this Barth, it's special. Mr Beard and his wife owned a 1978 Barth, towing their sailboat and VW Beetle cabriolet. They liked it so much, that in 1989 they ordered the exact same interior incl dashboard, cabinets and floorplan as the 1978. Cherrywood cabinets, L shaped dinette. The fabric (kind if a corderoy material) for the upholstery was selected by Mrs Beard and she also had a whole roll of the material as a spare (in case they ever needed to fix it).

It also had the woven fabric roll down blinds from the 70s. It was like brand new looking inside when we got it. They took good care of it.
Sadly they sold it because if declining health of his wife.
We always got compliments.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I remember it had 2 electric fans to cool the engine compartment. My 78 has one in front of the radiator and it never gets warmer than it's supposed to. The Euro just had the clutch fan and would run pretty warm in anything other than optimum conditions. I wonder if those were part of the build plan.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Doris and Danny, thanks for the history. Marvin and Doris and then Jerry Davis did a great job of keeping the interior and exterior very nice. Tere and I, mostly Tere, will now continue to keep it absolutely original. Tere is working on some electrical gremlins and I'm working on the generator. Marvin and Doris had to replace the water pump, clutch fan, and radiator--thank you very much!! ROTFLMAO. Danny, were the two fans in front of the radiator? We've only driven it 100 miles or so and the fan clutch did a fine job. It was a relatively cool day, though. One of the great things about this coach is that we don't have to do a thing to the exterior or interior. And the tires are almost new. So, we can focus on the mechanical side of things. Installing the Gear Vendors will be one project. New shocks are probably in order. Then, we're thinking of installing a new a/c system, but it would be of modern design. Vintage Air makes all the parts and we could use the existing outlets so that's sort of fun. I'm debating on whether to take all the smog stuff off. Would like some advice there. I believe the headers are original and until they leak, I'm not going to do anything. We'll also switch the battery isolator for a battery separator. We'll do some work on the j channels that hold up the lower compartments. They need a scraping and fresh coat of chassis saver. Best of all, it lives in a insulated garage so working on it during bad weather is no problem.
Jim (aka Hum)

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:

Would love to have those clearance lights. But if Tere gets on the roof, I'm going to get a harness for her. Last time she worked on a rv roof(a Dynamax we bought to sell), she fell off and broke and dislocated her right foot. No more of that Ooops

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Eeker Falling off the roof is no good . Frowner

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
It was brutal. 10 at night, rain, me 50 feet from the garage with ear phones on, Tere dragging herself through the grass to the porch, police, ambulances, lots of drugs. But she is good to go now. A tough gal

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B