Forums    General Discussions    The Last One (probably)
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

The Last One (probably)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Which brings us to another topic. "Name that Barth". I've asked our granddaughter, Julie, to name it. Doesn't have to be gender specific. Old Blue, and Little Blue are already used and retired. Besides, it isn't blue. Any suggestions I'll pass on to Julie

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
It's been a long time but it seems to me there was a fan on each side, as if to keep the manifolds cooled. Marvin thought the Euro would have them and was surprised there were no electric fans. Things one discusses at GTGs! Another memory of M & D is the chocolate they had recently brought back from Europe, filled with cognac or something, most wonderful taste I've ever experienced!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Jim if you have headers and not cast iron manifolds, they are probably an upgrade by a past owner. If you do have headers the pollution devices are probably already long gone.

Nose had all the pollution stuff removed, AIR pumps and the EGR valve but retains the manifolds. I took them off my old Winnebago and got about a 10% increase in fuel economy with no problems. Nose however has fan belt problems up the ying yang, am now trying a Gilmer belt system, been fine so far. Your unit probably has a flat belt system so that might be lots better then the V-belts that were on Nose.

Just a point of interest the Winnebago was an 86, 32ft E'lan Dan on a GMC chassis with a 454, it got considerably better gas milage than Nose

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Which brings us to another topic. "Name that Barth". I've asked our granddaughter, Julie, to name it. Doesn't have to be gender specific. Old Blue, and Little Blue are already used and retired. Besides, it isn't blue. Any suggestions I'll pass on to Julie

Jim

Black and blue? Fade to black? Barth finale? Last hurrah? New/Last Mistress? Lady and the Tramp? ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Steve's last one is apropos, for sure D'oh

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
congratulations it looks great hope you will have some good times in it Tooling Along

Posts: 27 | Location: Denmark | Member Since: 11-24-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tim. Can't wait to see all the pics of the work you've done. Are you near completion?

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B