Forums    General Discussions    1981 glassnose. Barth mAde?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1981 glassnose. Barth mAde?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi. Saw a recent listing for a 1981 Glassnose Barth. Wasn't sure if -1 it was otherwise alumiminum construction and 2 if it was made by Barth or as I read elsewhere on the on the net made in Europe. Any guidance would be appreciated. Not in a hurry but looking for something that fits the bill and can handle a cross country trip and some off the grid time next year.

Thanks

Posts: 3 | Location: Cincinnati | Member Since: 12-18-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
The data tag should tell us. On the wall behind the driver's seat is where it is on a Barth.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
For a few years Barth offered a "Glassnose", a/k/a the "Euro". The rest of the coach had the same construction as other Barths.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks
Will try to take a look at this unit soon. No tags and dry rot on tires so it could be a basket case. They say the engine and generator run strong. Will have to see that to believe it. Time as they say will tell.

I wanted to confirm Barth construction before I drove to see the unit. Thanks.

Posts: 3 | Location: Cincinnati | Member Since: 12-18-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Barth Euro were built for about 3 years in the early 80's. This was after the round head light body and the rectangular head light Regal. This is a true Barth coach. Other than a glass front end the rest of the coach is all riveted construction and built with the same quality of all Barth's. These coaches were built in Milford. I have to think they were trying to style it after the MCC front end.

Most were built on the GM P30 chassis. There is at least 1 that was built on a Ford/John Deer chassis that is powered by a front engine 8.2 Detroit Diesel with a Clark 5 speed manual. Claimed 13 MPG.

If it is the 81 that is in Franklin, I would say it worth checking out.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post