Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
quote:
(That is Dad's Barth!)

I'm loving your Dad's Barth she is quite the rig, I love the ole wooden boats. Back in the 60's my Dad and his buddy built a wooden boat in his garage, it was a Chris Craft kit. I would give up about anything to still have that boat today. She was a wooden beauty.

The only downfall about a boat is the fuel mileage about 20 bucks for a ten mile trip "ouch." Most of the big boats docked over here in southwest Michigan never leave their dock.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Late older brother had 3 sailboats ,the last a 36 ft that he stripped and installed complete new Teak interior and deck. Got to crew for him some, out of Jackson Harbor, Chicago and then out of his condo dock in South Holland, Michigan. Smiler All who wander are not lost

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom & Loraine:
Most of the big boats docked over here in southwest Michigan never leave their dock.

True all over... sad to say. Same thing for for small airplanes, avgas is over $6 many places.

Sure glad it's cheap to run the Barth! ROTFLMAO

Dad gets diesel in bulk without road tax. At about 2.7 mpg it was about $1.25/mile this summer. We ran 350 miles round trip along the Canadian shore of Lake Superior in July. Worth every penny...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post