Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Pricing my Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Dave can you give me some advise or assitance on pricing my Barth

Posts: 12 | Location: Queen Creek Az. | Member Since: 09-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Marty,

Welcome to Barthmobile.com. I certainly do not want to be the price setter but there have been quite a few coaches like yours (1994 34 foot Breakaway) sold on the website here so one can get kind of an idea. First of all I am guessing that your coach is actually considered a 33 foot. I would assume you have the 240HP Cummins and a 6 speed Allison. The NADA is $54-64.

I am guessing that the closer to $50 the more successful you will be. I will say that that these 1990+ 33 footers are very nice floorplans. Then for about a grand the Banks Stinger can pump it up to almost 300 HP.

So these coaches will go pretty fast if they are priced right. There was one that came on the website for almost $100K and was here for a year before it finally sold for a little over $50K.

What does everyone else think??

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response, I am on the fence a bit . First the Cummins dealer pumped it up to between 230-250 HP, it has the 4 speed . I have had Brokers try to get me to consign it but I would rather pass it on to someone that really knows what they want and what they are getting . Ive owned an MCI and I would put it the same catagory but smaller . They are telling me up to 65k and others are around 45K because it has no SLIDES

Posts: 12 | Location: Queen Creek Az. | Member Since: 09-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very nice 93 break away just sold in Birmingham the past 45 days for $55,000. It had solid walnut cabinets, and was in as near to new condition as one would ever expect to find. It only takes one buyer, so one really never knows for sure what one will pay. Detailed records can be a big plus, as being a one owner, non-smoker etc. How it is presented in the ad, plus curb appeal, and how the seller comes across to the buyer can make or break a sale. At this time in history it appears to be a buyers market with so many looking for slides. I would bet RV lots are going to tell you a higher number than what the end result will be.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Another important point Marty is that even though I like to think this website is pretty successful in selling Barth coaches the fact is that the most successful way is for people to "see" it. Be leary of consignment. They will tell you any number because they don't care about selling your coach. Your coach would be a customer magnet so they can sell their other coaches for 25% markups. In my brief career in selling coaches I will always remember one phrase used concerning consignments. "Get as many coaches on the lot as possible", "Stack'em up to move 'em out". God, that was almost the worst job I ever had.

But if you can shine it up and then put in on a busy street with a big sign on it, I bet you will find more success than anything else you can do.

Isn't it something, with all of the colorful full paint designs on motorhomes most people will walk right past them to look at a Barth. Even an older one. So the big thing is for it to be seen.

Pricewise, I agree with Dale, however, I am sure Dale would agree that $55K for a 93 Breakaway was a good deal for the seller. We have had a ton of '90's Regency's with Gillig chassis and 300 CAT's sell in the mid $50's.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Dave how do I post my Barth on this site ?

posted Hide Post
Dave, you are right the 93 sold for 55 because, the buyer was so easy to like and trust, it was a very nice coach with good history. The seller did get a price alittle higher than so many others, proof it can happen.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Marty, just go back to the forum front page and click on Barths for sale. You enter a new topic and then tell the particulars. If you have some images you can email me I will put them in the ad for you.

Of course, all is free on the website, unless you want to buy a cool Barthmobile T-shirt or coffee cup.

If you have photos but can not scan them, send them to me at:

Dave Bowers
15800 Valley View Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

I will scan them and then return them if you would like....

posted Hide Post
Thanks again Dave , I will come up with all the partics and this weekend I will take some shots . I just got a digital cam so I will try it out. So do I post the add and then later include the pics ?