Forums    General Discussions    Mary Ray Society: Coach/Toad Barth?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Mary Ray Society: Coach/Toad Barth?
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
Somewhere in Minnesnowta:

When was the last time we saw someone towing a Barth that was not a trailer? With another Barth? Is this a Toad Barth?

Dana sent me this photo of his Barths. Positive proof of M.R. Society membership. Welcome to the club! Tooling Along Thumbs Up Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve Thumbs Up

I have a better picture and will try and get it posted. That was right by Deer Camp. I had to find a spot I could get far enough away to get them both in.

With the brake system I have it was a fairly easy to make it work off of DBarth. It actually stopped easier than DBarth by itself. I just ran a set of lights off the trailer light plug. We were on the road in about an hour. I made my own hitch longer than I could buy. I didn't want to have contact between the coaches as I cornered.

This was a really fun trip. It actually made DBarth handle better. Tracked better! I have to get a normal toad to pull. I could tell I was puling a 5 ton brick but I hit 75 on one stretch Superman I wouldn't want to pull it through the mountains.

I found the Data tag. Not in a normal spot. It was under the carpet. I will take a picture when I can.

1972 Short windshields. There are Guardian Glass numbers in their entirety. Sorry no pictures. I was pressed for time and didn't take any. I kicked my self the 469 miles home. I will go back to work on it when I can. Right now it is weather tight and hopefully critter tight. I will have some unnecessary to me parts at some point in the future.

Happy to be part of the Mary Ray Society!! cheers

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Proud to have you as a member of the Society. It is my ambition to tow the trailer with one of the motorhomes in the near future. I am thinking about Chattanooga for Labor Day weekend. Trying to get every ones schedule worked out. Will post in GTG soon.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post