Forums    General Discussions    Value of a late 70's Barth?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Value of a late 70's Barth?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I saw a late 70's Barth (Judging by the pics on your site). I'm guessing it's pretty small - like a 19' or something. It has a working 350 that runs well supposedly and is in very good condition externally. I'm guessing the same on the inside of the unit from what I could spy in on...

Do you have a reasonable range you would think for these units? I believe it has low mileage and even so the engine is taken care of. The owner seems to be asking $11,700CDN ($8,470USD). What do you think of this pricing?

I'm totally new to these units and have never owned a RV before actually... I'm curious about getting a older RV that looks nice for me and my girlfriend (We're 23 and 24.. so just starting out). Thanks!

Carl S.

Posts: 2 | Location: Chilliwack, BC, Canada | Member Since: 07-28-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
The late 70's 19-22 foot units seem to go in the neighborhood of $7-8K US. Keep in mind that you can probably find a little longer coach, 27 foot for maybe a grand more two more and your sleeping arrangements will be much better. I have talked with quite a few folks who have had these short coaches. They are cute but when you are out there camping they can be pretty inconvenient if you are taller than 5'2".

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

I read the warning about the early 70's units and the windshield. Could a person get tempered glass cut to the right size or are they a curved window?

If it turns out to be a early 70's should I stay away?

(As a note... it would probably be always just the two of us and we're both short)

[This message has been edited by McFly (edited July 28, 2003).]

Posts: 2 | Location: Chilliwack, BC, Canada | Member Since: 07-28-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Before I put that warning about the windshield I spent about three days calling and searching for this windshield. Duncan who provides many of the RV windshields was the first to caution me about the lack of availability. Then I spent another couple days trying to see if one could be made. I was told over and over again that this was not an option. So be careful on the windshield thing. The height that you want is 24 inches..

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These windscreens are a bit of a problem. Could anyone give me an idea of the heights that were used in the early 70's?
George

Posts: 28 | Member Since: 04-19-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
George, go to Tech Talk. At the top before the posts is a heading that says "Windshields read this before". It has the size you are concerned with.
John

Posts: 46 | Location: Parksville British Columbia | Member Since: 02-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post