Forums    General Discussions    Window Drain Caps.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Window Drain Caps.
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
I was walking around the WDC-GTG and I saw these weird little holes in a window. Thinking that the owner drilled these in for drainage, I moved on...

Later, those holes got the better of me and I had to ask about them. I was told that these were factory drain holes. Odd looking drains I thought, but then it was explained that a cover goes over these.

This is what they are supposed to look like installed.

You know the saying "You learn something new every day" I was also told that these are no longer being made and there are no replacement sources.

Does anyone know if this is true? What the part numbers of these things are? Does anyone have spares? What did they sell for? Years made? Several members said that they would buy them, if they were available.

My windows have a slit cut into them in several places so I didn't know what these were and how they snapped on.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Would they look like these:

http://www.all-rite.com/produc...1c878152854a7305336a

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
I have never taken one off to see how it is attached but that pretty much looks like what is on my windows that i had put in 5 years ago by Peninsula Glass/Motion Windows in Vancouver Wa. They might be a source for you.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
Would they look like these:

http://www.all-rite.com/produc...1c878152854a7305336a
No Doug, these do not appear to be the ones that I saw.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:

My windows have a slit cut into them in several places.

Mine (Hehr) have what I would call small rectangular holes that appear to be cut with a die. I have black tape over them.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post