Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Cover my Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of jjustin
posted
Winter rain & wind are coming soon. I just got a heavy duty poly tarp. feels at least twice as thick as a blue poly tarp. white in color w/ grommets. 12 x 30' for my 28 footer. abadak is the name on it. I think i'll order some bungee hooks a bungee cord and make my own cut to fit lashings. not sure how this is going to work out...

Posts: 19 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Member Since: 05-12-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I had my coach covered for a couple winters. It does keep the leaves, pine needles and snow off the coach.

If you are parked in a windy area be sure the tarp and ropes cannot move around too much or you may get some abrasion on the paint.

If you have to shovel it off, the tarp is spooky to get off the coach. The metal roof is slippery already but with the tarp it is REALLY slick. Be careful.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
a couple of old forum threads on the topic...

RV Cover..

Throw on the cover...

I like this one..

as a side note, there was a mention in one of these threads about using an airport airplane hanger as covered storage...hmmmm..never thought about it..wonder if someone at my local airport would be up for sharing an 10' X 36' slot for a fee, at least for this upcoming NorCal coastal winter.. Not a pilot but for you that are interested..found this vid of a landing at my local airport.... Little River Airport.. music sort of loud at the beginning..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Justin, use cotton rope to tie it down, not bungee cords...the tension from the bungee cords will crack your AC unit covers.

my 2cents...

Posts: 29 | Location: Cincinnati | Member Since: 08-29-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jjustin
posted Hide Post
the tarp I got has grommets about every 2 feet around the perimeter. I bought a 250' roll of paracord and will use the bungees every so often to keep it snug-don't want to crack the a/c units plastic, thx for the heads up.

Posts: 19 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Member Since: 05-12-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post