Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

SOB Question
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted
Is anyone familiar with AEROBUS? There is one on Craigslist nearby, claims it is on a rexall ford chasis, is a 35 with dual axles probably not a tag axle. No slides 454 gasser.
price may or may not be good but it is close. Any help appreciated, please don't throw things, I know it is an s.o.b., sob sob.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for the Aerobus in particular, but Rexhalls are generally good coaches. Several of my co workers bought them after a factory visit. They are local.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That third axle is most assuredly a tag. It's odd a 454 (GM) would be on a Ford chassis...if the owner is being disingeneous about that, what else may he be misleading on...

Rexhall was one on my short list when originally looking for a motorhome. I looked at two (IIRC, a 30/31' and a 32') and they seemed better made than the Whineybagos and Fleetwierds.

However, I concluded that the Safari Serengtis, Hawkins, and Beavers were substantially better-made (but I was biased towards diesels). A sleeper brand, IMHO is Damon. I know three owners, and all are on their second or later coach, and all like the Damons. But Rexhall owners do like theirs.

Rexhall filed for Chap 11 last month, if that's a consideration (but that may be the endgame for many of the builders).

Anyway, if your intended use is a few short trips a year, it might do well by you. If longer trips are contemplated, IMHO, there are choices better suited to that use.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Well, I was supposed to be receiving pics today but it was relisted with some pics and better grammar. Also different is the engine and a statement about a tag axle, shown in the pics. It is a bit dated looking from the outside. Not Barth dated, just dated, especially for a 1992.
New opinions and expertise valued.
Tim

35ft Aerbus (Rexall ford chase) 460 Fuel Injected Ford Eng automatic/duel ac/double axles. Full bath, queen size bed room at rear, including working auto leveling jacks, air ride suspension & lots of storage. There is an awning (does not have any slide outs), full kitchen, water heater, forced air heat, microwave, Refrigerator with Freezer on top, tv, VCR, Drivers door and backup camera. This is a beautiful unit we paid many times this and we are only the second owner of this beautiful RV - we used it a few times per year. There has never been children or pets in this RV very clean MUST see. I am selling due to the death of my husband. low miles 30,000 miles. Outside from storage this year for inspection and sale. Price is $12,000.00.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If it's in decent shape, maybe it's worth $12K depending on how you'll use it. One drawback is that it's 17+ years old, and only averaged <2k miles a year - seals are dry, probably all other rubber things need replacing, and there's no telling what other things have deteriorated without the widow knowing about them.

But then, I'm known for embracing the concept that if machinery's being used, it's feelin' good.

If I liked the coach, I'd make an offer in the $5K range, knowing it would suck up at least another $5K to be dependable.

With the current market, there's no reason to give quarter to any seller. I don't think it'll sell at anywhere near $12K.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post