Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1963 Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Would A10 13* 19 Qualify as the oldest Barth? Any idea how many were built in 1963?

The asterisk is a # I am not ready to disclose...

Posts: 4 | Location: NC | Member Since: 06-22-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We have an A9 *** in the data tag project. I'd give you the other numbers but I guess two can play this game? java

We know of only a few from 1963 in our database. Actual production numbers are unknown for most of the Barth products. I'm sure there are some who don't visit this site and never gave us their numbers, they may still be on the road. We can put your number there if you want to play our game.

Good luck with your trailer, built in Oct of 1963.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I just joined and am not sure of what game you are playing. Perhaps you can clue me in. I got home late last night with the trailer and could only remember the partial Vin that I posted.

The complete Vin is A10 139 19

Is there a link to show the Vin #'s found so far?

Posts: 4 | Location: NC | Member Since: 06-22-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardT:
Sorry, I just joined and am not sure of what game you are playing. Perhaps you can clue me in. I got home late last night with the trailer and could only remember the partial Vin that I posted.

The complete Vin is A10 139 19

Is there a link to show the Vin #'s found so far?

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Nice trailer Richard!

I apologize for the sarcasm but we get lots of really vague incomplete questions lately… like "I need a brake cable, anyone have a source?" Some are from owners, others from consignment dealers who know nothing of what they are selling, etc.

What year? Trailer or coach? which cable? Is it a GM, Gillig, Spartan, RPI or MCC, etc.

I wasn't sure why the number was incomplete and you were "not ready to disclose."

After five posts or so you should be able to access the Database forum yourself. We do this to prevent spambots from accessing the data. We have record of one other 63 trailer, A9 132 19, built in September 1963.

It apppears you have the 139th Barth built, the 2nd oldest we have in the database. Looks like in good shape, too. Thumbs Up

Your info is useful in that we can get an idea of monthly production. Evidently about 7 trailers were produced from Sep to yours in Oct.

Bill NY, the site moderator, takes care of the database info. He has been extremely busy as of late, but will attend to it when he can.

Use the search feature to find info here. We have good archives and we try to get the info as complete as possible. I am mostly into the GM chassis coaches but we have many gurus who can answer questions here. Welcome to Barthmobile.com! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
By the way.....

Please send your photos to:

barth_upload.61972@uploads.photobucket.com

from an ordinary email and put "test" in the subject line exactly as you see it without the quotes.

Then send me a private message when you have sent the email with pictures you want posted.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank YOU! and Welcome to the Community of Barth folks.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Do I understand correctly that there are currently only 2 know 1963 trailers? Do w know what month production started?

posted Hide Post
Here is some information for you to look at.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty sweet trailer!

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post