Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth potential purchase help
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Tim you are RIGHT. Smiler I spent 20k and still added 12K the first year. Then add the fact that you want to be full time in your motor home michelle82. hmm There are some good coaches out there. Consider other makes also.
Many owners have a pipe dream of selling what they have for far more than it is worth. Upon critical inspection of a potential purchaser, many "ready for the road" motor homes need all kinds of updating. I spent 3 hours in coveralls crawling around under my Barth purchase, before agreeing to take "Past Tents" BaRTH home.
Thumbs Up Tooling Along

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
For your budget it may be worth a trip to Ohio to check out Doug's (HOMER) coach. This coach is clean and well cared for. It is as close to turn key as a 30 year old can be. Tires are only a few years old. Only 40 some thousand miles. Chevy chassis keeps parts affordable. 28' twin bed was Barth most popular floor plan. This plan gives good living space for coach size. Although I like our 31' with the extra storage, the 28' with shorter WB (178" - 195") is a plus. Depending on where you are planning to stay many state parks limit coaches to under 30'.

I shouldn't be pushing Doug's coach as he and I have been on several ventures together. As much he would like to keep this coach he has plans that do not incudes motor coaching and does not want this coach to just sit. 1986 Regal

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post