Forums    General Discussions    Bought the farm...
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Bought the farm...
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
in a good way, that is...

My wife Cindi and I are the proud new owners of a 1991 34' Regency ** (** unknown now for sure..maybe an B-XL..read down this thread..) coach. We went back and forth as you can see in the original Barth Sightings thread here https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/1533978787 . Went down to Texas last week..can you say 'hotter than heck-mobile' Red Face and made the deal. Its still down there and the gentleman who was handling the go-between for the recent owners estate is moving it to his mechanic (his rig is a Monaco) who will check out all chassis systems and then move it to an indoor storage facility until we finish our business in Maine. We will drive to Texas and then caravan back to California.. We are pretty excited about this..A few things will need to be checked. Will probably take it to McClains RV near Fort Worth ( connected with Camper World ).. any reviews of those folks for house system check-outs? If poor, who else in the D/FW - Texas area would be good for house check system check-out..

Will let everyone know when we are enroute plus the route..maybe we can stop by a few fellow Barth mobile-ers on the way..

thanks to all the forum members who assisted us with the multitude of questions asked and especially to Robert Richter who traveled to see the unit himself and supplied me with numerous pics and a good narrative on the coach..

Yea for us.. cheers Tooling Along

Mike/Cindi W
Mendocino County, California ( currently in Maine )

1991 Barth Regency 34'
Cat 3208 ( will find out model/hp and add later)
4 spd Alison trans
Giligg Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

one bummer: although this coach has had only 2 owners since new ( CEO of Dr. Pepper was the original new coach purchaser in 1991- Coaches whole life spent in Texas!), there is not a shed of paperwork/manuals/etc.. available for this unit Frowner.. Great, now starts the scavenger hunt.. both owners are deceased..will try to research those folks estates maybe in the hope...

below photo taken correctly ( I Think Roll Eyes ) from my recent photobucket upload..

also, since I know have a vested interest in this site, I just made a PayPal donation to help maintain it.. Thumbs Up

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Congatts on your Coach buy. Although you don't have your binder you will find most of what was in there can be located online PDFs or a search thru this website. The electrical diagrams would be nice. This site is great place for answers to problems or questions. Welcome and enjoy the travels.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Mike,

That is a Shiny BaRTH!

Welcome to the Barth REGENCY club!

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yes and by the way, what I said is true.

In looking for a Barth about 25 years old, you will find the owners just dying to get rid of them.

quote:
.. both owners are deceased..

A lucky find, your patience and persistence has paid off.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
good job Mike. That looks like a great coach. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
rather than hunt on a hit and miss basis, is there an index/table of contents to that illusive Barth Binder someone could scan or provide a link to? That, at least, would give me a starting point to methodically search for innards ...

tnx,

M/C-W

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone else please chime in, I have a Barth CD, you can buy here on the website. I never looked at what is on it though. Barth CD will be a good starting point.

Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
I have an older version of that Barth CD ( thanks Steve VW ) but in the process of moving...soooo...of course..can't find it currently.. Roll Eyes

best laid plans, etc...

M/C-W

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes

posted Hide Post
Mike, do you have mirrors in the backs of your ceiling mounted cabinets?

Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
like this: (not my coach)

yes I do.. on the back wall, that is....unknown if inside the cabinets ..coach is in Texas..

and you are asking for what reason..?..hopefully not a setup for some joke wack

M/C-W

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes

posted Hide Post
Not joking around here. I am talking about the galley and front storage area. When you open the cabinets are there any mirrors in the back that let you see what is stored in the cupboards? Many Barth Coaches have them. Does yours? I am making comparisons with my coach.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike/Cindi W:
rather than hunt on a hit and miss basis, is there an index/table of contents to that illusive Barth Binder someone could scan or provide a link to? That, at least, would give me a starting point to methodically search for innards ...

tnx,

M/C-W

This may give you a good start. Our Barth binder had no index.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Kevin,

quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Not joking around here. I am talking about the galley and front storage area. When you open the cabinets are there any mirrors in the back that let you see what is stored in the cupboards? ....

I don't remember any good lookin' guy peering back at me but will have to wait until I go back down to Texas to see..

M/C-W

M/C-W

Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:

This may give you a good start. Our Barth binder had no index.

Thanks Doorman, that is an excellent resource we have there..

Also found alot of good 3208 info and tips on the Wanderlodge forums..

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/

M/C-W

hey, just noticed my Supporting Member tab is up.. Thumbs Up yours is just a donation away...!

M/C-W

posted Hide Post
Craig, (Doorman)

Please go to the beginning of this thread and look at the wipers and roofline on Mike W's Texas Barth. Take good look let us know what you see in this Barth.