Forums    General Discussions    Thinking about a Barth....
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Thinking about a Barth....
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello - My husband and I have had many coaches over the years - mostly Blue Birds. We are thinking about something smaller for now and are considering a Barth as my husband has always liked them. There is a consignment lot in Texas, PPL Motor Homes, that has a 1994 Barth that looks pretty nice. We are also considering a Safari Trek. We would like a little advice as the the quality of the Barth. Will we be happy with one after all of our Wanderlodges? Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Posts: 3 | Location: Kalispell, Montana | Member Since: 09-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
This is coming from a multiple-Winnie veteran, so I'm WAY out of my league here, and you need to consider the source......

From BlueBird to Barth may be a step smaller, but it is definately not a step down.....

Before you get too serious about pre-owned Sarari Treks, you need to do some research...Quality-control was a big issue during certain manufacturing times, under certain management, owned by certain other corporations,etc. It seems that you can get a Gem-Trek or a Lemon-Trek, depending on many factors other than initial apppearance.

As for me, I'll continue my quest for an entry-level Barth and hopefully move my way up the motorcoach foodchain....There's just something about aluminum & rivets, assembled by craftsmen, that trumps plastic, staples & glue everytime......

Lee
Washington DC

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I ditto Lee's response. One thing you won't have to worry about with the Barth, whether it is a 1974 or 1994 there wasn't a bad year. I think the PPL coach is a very nice coach and a great floor plan for such a small coach. You may find the 6.5L GM to be a little enemic but there are upgrades I believe from Banks Power.

You should also look at these coaches. They are similar and bptj very nice coaches. I have been in the Ward Edwards coach (Ward os 90 years old) and it is immaculate.

https://www.barthmobile.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000202.html

https://www.barthmobile.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000190.html

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
What is anemic for one person may be OK for the next. I would advise anyone considering a diesel to do a very thorough test drive.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post