Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Coach Lodge for the Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/10
posted Hide Post
I don't have a figure right now. I used materials and services from so many different vendors and it's all filed in the "shoe box" format for the time being (scary isn't it). I am going to figure everything out after it's more complete than it is now.

For instance, I want to put a second floor/deck in the quonset portion.
I've got 100 amp service to the building and haven't done any wiring. I want to run a water line from the well (250') to it.
I picked up a wood furnace and need to get that in place and operational (the sooner, the better).

And I know this will sound strange but we purposely didn't keep track of it. We had a ball park idea on all separate phases of it and if the cost for something was as reasonable as we could find then we went ahead with it.
I guess you could say that whatever was done at this point had to be done regardless of cost, otherwise it just wouldn't have gotten done.

Sorry to babble on, this whole thing is probably boring the masses; when I get a an idea of the total cost I'll be happy to let ya know.

Thank you for the compliments.

1990 32' Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins CTA8.3
Allison 4 speed

Posts: 70 | Location: WI | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/10
posted Hide Post
All the T&G car siding, ship lap log siding and rough sawn 1x12's & 1x3's were purchased from a saw mill that was very close to the site. The back of the quonset I covered with rough sawn board on batten. My wife and I stained everything before it was fastened and as it was cut and fitted the ends were stained. I used the last of the plate glass windows on the back, but I wanted windows that opened for circulation as well as light and I wanted a sliding glass door rather than just a service door. The day before I framed it in luckily we came across some at a dealer who had exactly what I was looking for. They had been an order that had been canceled a year prior and so the price was better than I'd ever hoped to find ($400) for two double windows and a sliding door, so it was a good deal for all.

All I had to do now was make a decision on the placement of everything at the last minute. I am still pleased with how it worked out so far.

All the boards stained and ready to go.

Framing it in.

I left the area between the windows in the event that I added a wood stove I could run the stack up the outside.

1990 32' Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins CTA8.3
Allison 4 speed

Posts: 70 | Location: WI | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post