Tools
Reply To This Topic

How To or How Not? Barth Coaches For Sale
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
We will try to explain, with this post, what would be considered a good way and a bad way to post your Barth For Sale.

Please, add your "wish list" to this post on what you would like to see in a For Sale Ad.

Here is an actual ad that appeared on Barthmobile and the 2 responses before it was removed.
quote:
Originally posted by xxxx:
1989 Book mobile, 5.9 Cummins diesel, Allison auto.
$5795.00 Best offer or trade.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

response 1

Dear Sir, if someone was to be interested in your coach how would they contact you?

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

response 2
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
Dear Sir, if someone was to be interested in your coach how would they contact you?
Mary,

The last time we heard from xxxx he was interested in "Scrapping It" for the weight of the aluminum only.

Now, with this post, he wishes to sell this same unit for $5,795 or a trade. He never responded to that post or to my private messages and emails. Confused

xxxx, this will stay up for the weekend. You need to supply some decent information so that this ad can be a useful item instead of the clutter that it is now.

I have helped many of members craft an ad, insert images etc into their post. I am willing to do the same for you, or anyone else who needs the help. But honestly... you need to help me a little bit first.

If you can't post images yourself, then send me an email with some pictures that also includes one of the data tag if it is available.

State the condition of any items like tires or something like the last time it was on the road etc.

Contact info is critical. Mileage is nice. Floorplan or current configuration of the interior setup is another.

please email anything you have on this coach to bill_ny@barthmobile.com

If any member lives in the xxxx, xxxx area and can lend xxxx a hand... I, and I'm sure xxxx, would appreciate the help. Please post all comments here from anyone who would like to add to this list or would like to help out with checking on this coach and taking a few pictures, etc.

I will delete all running commentary from Mary Ray to the last one if we can get a decent ad together. If not, all commentary would wind up staying and I'll move this to the General Discussion area as an Ad that should never have been posted to begin with.

I'm not trying to pick on you. That being said... if we can't salvage this ad, I would rather use it as a teaching tool for others on what Not To Do!!! wack

Sorry I hope we can help xxxx and his Coach.

Post will be moved by "Monday Morning" if not updated or if forward progress is lacking. java

As promised - The Ad has been removed!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
The First thing... know the differences between a "Barth Coaches For Sale" a "Swap Meet Central" item and a "Barth Sighting". We have 3 distinctly different categories and one might be a better place to list your item.

Barth Coaches For Sale
Commercial, private and estate sales. All members are welcomed to use this area to list their Barth Coaches. Please, no other brands allowed.

Swap Meet Central
A place to look for stuff you need, a place to get rid of the stuff you don't. You may also request an item that you're looking for.

Barth Sightings
Barths seen on the road, or for sale on Ebay or local newspapers.
Have you seen a Barth on Ebay, Craig's List, Newspaper ad or on a street corner? Tell us about it and put in a link or contact info. You never know, someone may be looking for what you just saw.

Read the blurbs at the top of each page to see which category you might fit in.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Good thread.

First off, this is the internet. Wink If you post something here for sale, potential buyers (or even just gawkers like me) will expect detailed photos. This is not a newspaper or classified publication, where limited information or a single poor-quality profile photo will get you any serious inquiries.

If you're not familiar with these types of forums and/or hosting photos on a server (like Photobucket.com) so you can display them here, ask for help in your first post. Or even better, ask a staff member or other veteran forum member in advance who obviously knows how to post photos. That way the first entry in your For Sale thread can be complete and make a great first impression.

Prompt and informational replies to any questions asked are key to making a possible sale. Like I said, this is the internet. If a potential buyer doesn't hear back from you pretty quickly, they will probably move on and forget about your rig. When you make a new post, be sure to mark the "Notify Immediately" box so you'll get an e-mail and will know right when someone posts a reply.

That's all I can think of for now. Smiler

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post