Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Model Ident
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted
My 38' Barth 400 hp DP was built in 1995-1996 and is on a 1995 Spartan Mountain Master chassis. It is called a 1996 because it was completed and delivered in very early 1996.

When I look at the NADA site for Barth 1995 & 1996 I see many models. Unfortunately the DPs are not identified. Also, there is not an exact match engine HP and length to any listed model.

The following is a summary of the listed models for 1995/1996. Anyone know which model designations are long DPs, which model I am likely to have, the differences in the model designations?

1995: ARISTOCRAT, MONARCH, REGAL, REGENCY, SOVEREIGN

1996: MONARCH, REGAL, REGENCY,

Thanks.

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow...I would love to see pictures of your Barth. Thanks for hearing me out. A floor plan would be great too. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
One of these days i will put up some photos. I would have to draw a floorplan, but it is traditional, front door, walk-thru bath, rear bed. I have created a blog, but not publishing the URL yet. The unfortunate thing is that I got zero documentation on it. I do have the previouse license plate (CA) and I was in contact with a RV salesman that probably has the answer to who owned it, so that they could contact me to perhpas give me the documentation, but he is apparently reluctant to be a middle man.

I am currently in the process of prep-ing Bart for dataStorm satellite internet & directtv.

Since I do not watch TV in bed, I am converting the rear TV cabinet to a comm center to house computer and satellite hardware. I am wiring the computer display and sound and usb ports for keyboard and mouse thru to the front side of the wardrobe so as to be able to use my flat panel display on the dining table by simply plugging it in.

Bart has a cabinet behind the co-pilot seat that was intended to house an ice maker, shich is not present, and looks like it never was installed. So I am converting that to an entertainment console to house the VCR, DVD, DirecTV receiver, and speakers. It will have a jack to use the same flatpanel display to watch TV and video. This way I do not get a crick in my neck trying to watch the TV located over the front window (did someone say "eyes-left").

After all this is working, I may remove the original TV and convert the space for something useable - or not.

I have discovered that it is NOT FUN to route wiring in a way that is out of sight and at least APPEARS professional in a motorhome. It has taken me HOURS and HOURS to run the cables 6 feet across the wardrobe. I also had to arrange for inverter power in the rear TV cabinet because, for some reason, the front tv was on inverter power, but the rear tv was not. It is also very difficult to locate the do-dads needed for the final install on the web.

STILL WOULD LIKE TO ID THE MODEL. COULD THE VIN HELP THERE?

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post