Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Diesel fuel prices
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted
During some browsing of other websites i came across mention of one that posts the daily prices of diesel at 5 or 6 companies across the U.S. along with their locations. I know that when i brought my bus back from Dallas last month i saw as much as 30 cents a gallon difference depending where you are. With this site you can plan where to stop along your route to get the best prices without having to just hope that where you stop is the cheapest and not the most expensive. Could save you quite a bit on a long trip. Also knowing what exit they are located at means you can pay more attention to the road and not the billboards. Of course if you are not on the interstate this info won't do you much good. The website is dieselboss.com/ just click on fuel prices and then on each company logo to compare.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Thanks! We tend to rely on Flying J truckstops as most of them have dump stations right next to fuel pumps, fairly good restaurants, facilities, propane, etc. However, this may save lots of bucks over the long haul. These kinds of tips are especially appreciated. Hope to see you down the road somewhere.

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might want to watch these small dealers that sell diesel.. Like SUGAR; I use the flying-J for the same reasons... Also, they turn a lot of diesel fuel and it has always been water free with no sediments...The longer diesel fuel sits in a storage tank etc the more its likely to have problems for the user.... PLUS you can park at the (J) overnight at no cost...and you can join (for free) the flying-J RV club and get a 10% discount on everything you purchase including fuel.... Luck to you. Al

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Al i have used Flying J, Love's , and Pilot before and they are all big outfits who sell a lot of fuel. I don't know about the other 5 have never heard of them and did not look at their prices or their locations so i don't know how big they are. There is one other that i know about tho... It's called Pacific Pride, all Self serve and they bill you at the end of the month so you have to set up an account with them. A lot of local truckers use them... they are usually not real visible but they have a lot of fuel stops all over the western and i think the midwestern states too. I know that their gas prices used to be about a dime lower than anybody else in Wa. a few years ago and i think their diesel was quite a bit cheaper too. Don't know if they have a website.... gonna have to go looking i guess.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just looked up Pacific Pride, sounds like they just deal with fleets, although a guy i used to work with bought gas from them all the time. Don't know how he got his card. To bad because they have 1256 places in the U.S. and 222 in Canada. Flying J has 158, Pilot 240, Loves 140, Petro 60, TA 149, Speeway Super America 65, Sapp Bros 15 and Rip Griffin 14. Lots of places on that website to price fuel before you need it, sure will come in handy when traveling.

posted Hide Post
For all of you with gas Barths these places usually also have cheaper gas than regular stations do.

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I had a Pacific Pride card. Bought it through our local bulk oil dealer.The local stations are all unmanned cardlock operations.

I let my card lapse lapse because their prices were right up there with the nationals, while I usually buy my gas through Costco or Safeway.

Didn't find it any real help on the road, either. Their stations were usually not at freeway interchanges.

Might be helpful if diesel is cheaper, on average, than other truck stops. Gasoline wasn't.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can go on-line to FlyingJ,com or Loves.com and find out the current diesel prices anywhere in the USA

Posts: 4 | Location: Moline, Il | Member Since: 07-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The website i posted has the daily prices for all 8 dealers listed, one stop shopping! WWW.dieselboss.com

posted Hide Post
Hello All:We use a Diesel Fuel Supplement for about 12 Years in all our Diesels,I like it.Part no. 1025,Power Service Products,Inc. Hope this help someone.Jay&Shelby;

------------------
br2409

Posts: 61 | Location: Harriman,Tn.usa | Member Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post