Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

coaxial wall switch
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have two wall plates that im not sure what their for...im pretty sure their for tv hookup, but ill get your input..They have a coaxial cable hookup, and a dial,(looks like a rheostat), and an on/off switch, with a small red light on it. I think its for a tv hookup, but i dont even know where the cable hooks up on the outside. any help?

Posts: 23 | Location: millville, n.j. | Member Since: 10-28-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
That is the amplifier switch for your manual antenna.

After you raise the antenna you flip the switch and you will immediately tell a big difference in the quality of your reception. You also have a 12 volt power-point there and a coaxial hook up for another TV. Our switch is in the bedroom, our TV is in the living room, however, we bought flip down dc TV like this one,

When we park we attach it to the bottom of our bedroom cabinetry with some monster velcro I found and then we plug it in.

You can see it here.

Hope this helps. By the way, I am not an expert in TV reception but sometimes (rarely) I actually get better reception with the amplifier turned off.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 27, 2003).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post