Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Looking at 1994 Barth on Chevy Gas Chassis
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I am going this week to look at a 1994 Barth on a gas chassis. It has a 502 TB fuel injected Chevy on a P35 chassis. From the pictures and videos, it looks like it is nice shape. It is garage kept and the current owner has been using and driving it. Any suggestions of things I should check out or look for before puchasing?

Posts: 8 | Location: Pennsylvania | Member Since: 03-01-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the one I am looking at.

Posts: 8 | Location: Pennsylvania | Member Since: 03-01-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
That one looks REALLY nice! I had an 86 33ft with a tag axle. I put a 454HO with fuel injection in it and I really liked it. This one looks longer, maybe 36ft?

Mine had a Turbo 400 3 sp transmission. With luck this one has a 480LE 4sp with overdrive. 4sp overdrive trans would be a big plus.

It will be a P37 chassis. Easy to get parts. Look for the Barth Data Tag on the wall above and left of the driver seat. It will have Barth and GM chassis numbers.

As with any older vehicle, check brake pads, rotors and brake lines. The tag axle has air bag suspension, check condition of air bags and tag brakes too. From the looks of it corrosion should not be a big problem. Below the floor line Barth used square steel tubes for the skirts and basement compartments. This is where to check for corrosion.

Check the ACs, they may need attention. Also check refrigerator, heaters, and plumbing components.

Good luck with this one. It is the newest, nicest gasser I've seen!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
http://truckroadservice.com/ba...Buyers_Checklist.pdf

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
That one looks REALLY nice! I had an 86 33ft with a tag axle. I put a 454HO with fuel injection in it and I really liked it. This one looks longer, maybe 36ft?

Mine had a Turbo 400 3 sp transmission. With luck this one has a 480LE 4sp with overdrive. 4sp overdrive trans would be a big plus.

It will be a P37 chassis. Easy to get parts. Look for the Barth Data Tag on the wall above and left of the driver seat. It will have Barth and GM chassis numbers.

As with any older vehicle, check brake pads, rotors and brake lines. The tag axle has air bag suspension, check condition of air bags and tag brakes too. From the looks of it corrosion should not be a big problem. Below the floor line Barth used square steel tubes for the skirts and basement compartments. This is where to check for corrosion.

Check the ACs, they may need attention. Also check refrigerator, heaters, and plumbing components.

Good luck with this one. It is the newest, nicest gasser I've seen!

Thank you Steve. We are going tomorrow to look at it. The current owner just replaced all the brakes, including the parking brake, tires and batteries(both chassis and coach). He also put a new water heater in it and new carpet. The 454 was replaced about 10 years ago with a new 502 crate engine. I'll have to check on the transmission, air bags and rust. It has the 6633a872 basement air, which he says works but is a little undersized for the coach. I had replaced that unit with the Coleman Mach 3 in my last coach. The current owner is the only the second owner and it has always been garage kept. If everything checks out, what you say would be an appropriate price range?

posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you for the checklist! That will be very helpful.

posted Hide Post
Here is the interior.

posted Hide Post
Here is the kitchen

posted Hide Post
Bedroom

posted Hide Post
Dash

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
That thing is sweet. Looks great! I put a larger TV in the one I had also. Thumbs Up

I believe this is the same coach that was featured on this site a while back?

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...=870105192#870105192

Claims a supercharged 502, Allison transmission, air brakes and air suspension. I would be surprised if it is supercharged. Allison trans would be good. I know of no Regal on GM chassis with air suspension (except on the tag axle) and air brakes, though.

Here is a link to my 86 33ft when I sold it.

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...061/m/2653977197/p/1

The 94 looks nice. Good luck with your purchase!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post