Reply To This Topic

Building New RV Park
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hilarlee:
Amongst all the campgrounds we have stayed I have yet to see any facilitation for the disposal of dog poop

We thought we had found such a site once. In the Arizona desert, our dog left a land mine a little too close to our Barth, so I bagged it and set it to one side, in anticipation of a trip to a trash barrel.

Tha next day, it was gone.

The service, however, was not repeated again the next night. We can only guess what the coyote's packmates had to say when they met and divvied up the night's booty.

We did not see the bag anywhere nearby on subsequent walks and bike excursions.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couple of things to consider:

Offer free wi-fi, but rent wireless network cards to people who dont have them?!? Or loan them for free(make sure to cover fees associated if they do not return them), and then you dont have to support it if it doesnt work... USB Wifi network cards can be purchased for around $20-40 anymore..

Can I recommend showers with small private dressing room. Maybe go with a grated raised floor such that previous users remains(hair/soap/whatever) isnt coming into contact with other users... Maybe make it so that on your end you can power wash the bathrooms if you need to once or twice a week/month... I would also take this time to consult with a plumber to make cleaning plumbing traps etc easy to do.... One would hope the architect/engineer will take this into account, but you might want to talk to a plumber just the same to get some ideas to give the architect... I always love hearing my contractor friends complain about bad common sense in architects/engineers...

As for a website... lots of people out there designing websites... I actually work with a few guys designing Ecommerce websites... Best bet for you is to look around at other camp websites, and see what you like.. Then give those website addresses to your web developer to help you get what you want... This way you can say "I like THIS website's online booking system.. and I like THIS websites look and flow... and I like THIS websites logo/blog/etc..." This makes it easy for you to get what you like quicker and cheaper....

Design of websites is one of the toughest things we deal with when building websites... we get a lot of businesses that just say "make me a website!" and we dont know their business so we struggle to come up with a design for them... It ends up costing the customer too.. Would you go to a home builder and say "Build me a home!!!"? heheh Can you imagine what you would get?!?! hehe I cant tell you how many times I have had to gut a website and redo the design(at the customers expense), because they design changed midstream...

If you have some questions about websites etc, give me a shout at GrouchieGrumbles@yahoo.com

Posts: 10 | Location: Indianapolis, IN,US | Member Since: 07-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post