Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I am going in for repairs
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
The only advice I have is try to only use what you HAVE to have. Those are easy to become habit forming.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Speedy recovery. Listen to the Drs. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Try to get by with nothing stronger than acetaminophen.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Bill, i started out using 1200 mg softgels 3 times a day and then cut it down to 2 times a day. Now i can get by with 400 mg softgels 2 times a day.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/12
Picture of ZIM
posted Hide Post
Bill,
I hope everything works out for you. I'm glad to hear your home and on the comp. I know the pain sucks,and i know the colder it gets the worse it hurts..It's hard to sleep with too. If ya need anything that i can help you out with, please just email me. I know your always taking care of everyone else,so if ya do need anything just ask!..
You been very kind to me after my procedures just by sending me emails to see if i was still kicking.So ask if ya need something.

ZIM

Posts: 61 | Location: Pennsylvania | Member Since: 06-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
thanks zim, thank you everybody, if you only knew of some of the private offers i've had while i'm down, your outlook on your fellow members, and people in general, would be bursting with pride Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MatandAng
posted Hide Post
We wish you well. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Posts: 27 | Location: Rochester, NY | Member Since: 07-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Heal quickly and keep well, Bill. We are thinking of you.

Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Get better sooner by eating lotsa "Chicken Soup". Love Ya Bill..........Betty & Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Good luck. Try lifting a few 12 ouncers to rebuild that wrist.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11

Picture of Micha
posted Hide Post
Best luck. Friend had same operation both wrist(one at the time) and wished he had it done before.

Michel

Posts: 41 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Member Since: 04-03-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Don't know what they have you do for therapy these days, but back when i had mine done they had me use a ball of silly putty. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Bill - hope you are on the mend a little by now, I just read the news, and although it sucks, your attitude is 75% of recovery. Read what Shadow man said about the silly putty....you can also use rolled up socks, just squeeze them every so often during the day to help rebuild the muscles.

Hope all is well, and like I'm sure others have offered, please let us know if/how we can help in any way.

Keep us posted on your recovery......

Tom & Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
update for the interested

i decided to take a look beneath my bandage today and i was amazed at how much work was done - 2 seconds later that translated into a gag reflex - i decided to do a more investigative search on the net

dupuytrens disease is what it is called and based on what i read i hope that if you have this, you seek medical treatment before it progresses too far for corrective surgery

in my case, this is the second time for this procedure i also had the carpal tunnel surgery because my doctor stated that the healing time was the same so it made sense to do both now

so far, no therapy besides hand flexing and drugs was prescribed - yesterday was only one pill - today was the first day without any drugs at all - i've only used 5 of the 40 percocet/oxycodone pills - still in pain but it is manageable - scale of 6 in pain

i took a healthy recommended dose of lecithin -hershey chocolate bar- and can report an immediate feeling of pain relief Smiler

if i misuse this form of healing and pain management i will feel real bad but get over it after i wake up from my sugar rush

typing with both hands slightly easier now but my bandage on the left keeps hitting the ctrl button - this is causing me to learn new things for that one button

my next doctors appointment is thursday the 29th

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill,

Glad to hear you're on the mend! That control button does some really interesting things!

Richard

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post