Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Check this baby out
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
My buddy Joel Siskovic thinks this will take over the world.

http://www.terrawind.com/

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's funny how nobody has commented about this vehicle. I can FEEL what people are thinking about it though...

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I feel that someone spent a ton of money on something that "won't float". I think the inventor is definitely all wet as would most people who would take this on a cruise.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who would insure this thing!!
KEN

Posts: 20 | Location: Goodland, Fl ,USA | Member Since: 03-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scares me. In 1963 I was opening as the manager a new Tractor Supply store in Ottawa, Il. Ottawa is on the Illinois river south west of Chicago. Next door to my store was a old Dodge dealership. The son of the owner had just finished college and was ready to take on the automotive world. His father said go at it and with that he did. A few weeks into his new world he came running next door to my store and said Dale can you get away for a few minutes for a ride. Being a car nut I was eager. Out in the parking lot was what appeared to me a Henry J car. As we walked to it I could see that it wasn't. We took off and without telling me we were headed to the river, and beach. Down the boat ramp we headed and into the water. Yes it was the AMPHI CAR. Needless to say the swimmers could not believe it. Once in the water he shifted it to propeller drive, and the front wheels actually did the steering. It was a unstable ride for sure, slow too. As history has shown it did not sell either. Some people have a lot of time and money on their hands don't they. I guess if they sell a few and can make a profit. Well "profit" is not a dirty word. Oh one more thing. This kid fresh out of college that did not have a clue regarding the automotive world now owns several dealerships around the Ottawa and Chicago area.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
The only good use I can see for this MH is if you live in a flood prone/hurricane area. It may be a good way to get out if the water catches up to you. I would never drive a perfectly good MH into the water or dive out of a perfectly good airplane. It doesn't seem to go fast enough to water ski behind and fishing from the roof seems a little crazy-maybe you can stick a pole out of the window. I would hate to think what salt water would do to the mechanicals.

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Looks unstable to me. I would not go out in that on the Mid Hudson River. Imagine what an oil tankers wake would do to the stability.

I am sure someone would call the coast guard an give everyone a breathalizer. This looks like a crazy idea to me.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Would SeaTow or BoatUS give you a tow or
a battery jump????

------------------
Member & Wanabe

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a floating restaurant in Hong Kong and also one in Taiwan that looks similiar although the restaurants do not move "until almost closing time".

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post