Barthmobile Portal
PLEASE STOP YELLING

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/360108481

10-26-2009, 08:15 AM
Bill N.Y.
PLEASE STOP YELLING
Post moved, from here, but kept as a teaching tool and for further comment.

One of the toughest jobs I have here is also considered censorship.

I like to let things run its course and to use these things as a teaching subject. Any editing or tweaking is truly done with the best of intentions. Normally I'll fix a spelling error or fix broken image links or move some posts around. I might even redact certain things if it offends real sensibility issues.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message
10-26-2009, 08:19 AM
wodnek
quote:
I wonder what the sleeping arrangements are?
Mother in law on the roof!

1985 Barth Regal 28 footer
P30 Chevy chassis
454 big block
bernie parr
HI TIM IWOULD BE INTERESTED IN YOUR BREAKAWAY BUT EFFORTS TO CONTACT YOU BY THE EMAIL ADDRESS GIVEN HAS FAILED.I ALSO WOULD LIKE A ZIP CODE AND A FLOOR PLAN SKETCH IF WOULD PLEASE...BERNIE
jsloan
quote:
I ALSO WOULD LIKE A ZIP CODE

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30
bernie parr
HI ALL,I AGREE WITH RUSTYS POSTING ON WRONGTURNS UNIT, IT BELONGS IN SIGHTINGS!AFTER REPEATED ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT THIS GUY AND ABSOLUTELY NO FEEDBACK WHATS SO EVER, I STRONGLY FEEL ITS TIME TO MOVE IT OUT.THE STATEMENT MADE ABOUTE LADIES SLEEPING ON THE ROOF WAS UNCALLED FOR AND I BELEIVE HAS NO PLACE IN THESE ADS AS MY WIFE IS A MOTHER IN LAW SEVERAL TIMES OVER,,,BERNIE
Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by bernie parr:
AFTER REPEATED ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT THIS GUY AND ABSOLUTELY NO FEEDBACK WHATS SO EVER, I STRONGLY FEEL ITS TIME TO MOVE IT OUT.
ok everybody - I've had this issue in the past and feel that a link and explanation might be in order. This member is suffering from...

I do not know how to respond back to messages

I have been able to communicate with him. I'll let his reply's to Barthmobile's email account speak to you.
quote:
I bought a 93 BARTH MH about 1 year ago, i joined this communityat that time, I haven't been very active.
I got laid-off now and feel the need to sell it.Hate to see it go now that I'll have the time to use it. We took 1 trip to Pa. & 1 weekend to Fla.
quote:
THANK YOU FORTHE RESPONSE.
I TRIED TO POST IT OVER THE WEEKEND. I THINK I PUT IT IN FOR A DISCUSSION THOUGH. NOT SURE.I'LL SEND THE PICS THIS EVENING
quote:
THANKS A LOT. I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO TURN ON A COMPUTER TILL I WAS 60, I WAS HAVING TROUBLE NAVIGATING ON THAT SITE.

THE SITE HAS BEEN HELPFUL FOR ME SINCE I BOUGHT THE UNIT.
THANKS AGAIN TIM GALLAGHER
quote:
BUT THE ENGINE IS A 190 NOT 230, MY BAD
TY TIM
quote:
Hi Wrongturn2
Very nice Barth! Not mentioned in your list:
* mileage
* exterior paint condition
* tires-How new?
* any rust in storage holds,genny carriage etc.
* condition of storage bays? carpeted?
* 190 Cummins- thought I saw 230 listed originally? Confirm please!
* 4, 5 or 6 speed tranny

Thanx, Neil ( Coaster48 )

response
HI NEIL; 66514 MI PAINT IS REAL GOOD TIRES-NEW NO RUST 190 CIMMINS,MY BAD, 4SPD
quote:
YOUR LIKE ONE OF MY SONS, DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT YOU.

TIM
quote:
hi bill; what do i have to do to be a "supporting member"?
Although I can't say that his responses are perfect, I do believe that he has tried to respond back to all of you, he just doesn't understand the computer very much. A little slack might be given to him because of this. I'll give him another chance to get some better info on this before I remove it entirely. Keep in mind, when learning something new too much information makes people recoil to the point of inaction.

He seems to be trying so lets give it a little more time first.

BTW: You might have a better response from his home phone:
Tim Gallagher xxx-xxx-xxxx Lumberton, MS 39455

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message
towerguy
quote:
Originally posted by bernie parr:
THE STATEMENT MADE ABOUTE LADIES SLEEPING ON THE ROOF WAS UNCALLED FOR AND I BELEIVE HAS NO PLACE IN THESE ADS AS MY WIFE IS A MOTHER IN LAW SEVERAL TIMES OVER,,,BERNIE

Shields Up The statement made had to do with sleeping arrangements and mentioned "Mother in law on the roof." Come on, this type of statement was meant as a joke and should be taken as such. We all probably have a Mother-in-law somewhere around us whether she is a mother, wife, daughter, sister, mother-in-law or friend. Although you'd have to ask wodnek to be sure, I don't think there was any malice intended here so lighten up a bit.

As far as the for sale posting, I agree more information was needed but we'll have to continue to help everyone be as accurate and complete as possible. When I first joined, I wouldn't have had a clue what was really needed or wanted in an ad for a coach. I now have a pretty good idea of what to include, especially the all important floor plan drawing. Big Grin I have yet to perfect mine but I have made up a fair drawing.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Gerald
I have email Tim several times and he has always gotten right back to me. He has owned the Breakaway for about a year. He and his wife have both been laid off and that is why they want to sell it. He told me that it has a Banks upgrade ( not sure what type)and that it has been well taken care of. He sent me some photo's which I will try to post (haven't done it before so bear with me). I think that this Breakaway will make someone a very nice coach. I thought about it very long and hard but finally decided that it was probably more of a financial obligation than I should take on in this economy. I apologize for not posting the photo's sooner... but like I said I really liked this coach...I was being a little greedy... again my most humble apologies. By the way Bill, I received the Barth CD and binder. They are way cool!!... if that is still a current expression.. if not they are awesome!!... or I really like them Smiler Ok, now on to the photo tutorial!

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB
bernie parr
HI ALL,I AM AWARE THAT THE COMMENT MOTHER IN LAW WAS A JOKE BUT AS MY WIFE SAID IT WAS IN POOR TASTE..THE SECOND ISSUE IS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF EMAILS,,,I WROTE THREE TO TIM AND NO COME BACK AND I SENT HIM A LETTER NO ANSWER,,,,SO WITH THAT I OPOLOGISE FOR SPEAKING OUT OF TURN....BERNIE
jsloan
quote:
MOTHER IN LAW WAS A JOKE
I cleaned a spot on my roof just in case my Mother-in-law showed up. I thought that was standard procedure. *shrug*

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30
Rusty
Actually, Bernie, on forums, typing in all-uppercase is also considered to be in bad taste (it's considered "shouting"), but here on the Barthmobile Forums, we assume the best of folks, and don't take things too seriously...unless they are actually serious, like a dangerous problem with a Barth.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
bernie parr
thanks rusty for telling me, as i didnt know..did you just make that up or is it actually true??anyway i opologise for my ignorance to the rules..i told my wife she shouldnt read these post as she gets very upset by some of the comments and its hard to understand whos selling what with all the pictures of dogs and motor homes.it just that were on afixed income as i would assume others are and we need to make sure this is a investment were wanting to do..togeather
thanks for the advice...bernie
Mary Ray
Bernie, he is not joshing you, I have to remind hubby constantly.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Rusty
The CAPS-IS-SHOUTING goes back a long way, and some forums are spiced with flame wars and overly heated debates. Your wife might be comforted to know we here pretty much abide by the Three Laws of the Siberian Salt Mines:

1. Don't take yourself too seriously
2. Don't take the other guy too seriously
3. Never get into a peeing contest with an elephant Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
olroy
Bernie, indeed it is true that typing in upper case is considered shouting. As to made-up stuff, you can occasionally find some in these posts, but most of it is clearly identifiable as fun. I have never seen any joking about safety or operational issues, & there is a lot of good advice in these posts, too.

As to "investment," in a motor home, I will repeat a rant I have often made before. Any recreational vehicle is an investment in fun, not a financial investment. They don't increase in value, & they cost money to operate and maintain. The advantage of a Barth is in the quality that went into the construction of the coach itself. It has been said many times in these posts that a Barth will not fall apart faster than you can fix it. That statement is correct, but it is not true of many other makes.

The thing to remember is that chassis, power trains, appliances, furniture,etc., are all standard automotive, or RV industry items, and all of these coaches are old by automotive standards. Nearly all of us have spent substantial sums bringing our coaches up to the standard we wanted, though a few have bought coaches from owners who took very good care of them.

RV-ing makes for fine recreation, but most of us in the Barth community make it a hobby to maintain our coaches, too.