Forums    General Discussions    Should FMCA recognize Barth owners??
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Should FMCA recognize Barth owners??
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
I didn't take the time to review all the posts on this subject but I just wanted to mention the following. When I purchased my Barth in 2009 I did a major renovation and posted pictures to a few websites. I can't remember how FMCA was alerted but they contacted me and ran an article in their magazine using my renovation photos. In my opinion they don't appear to have a bias against Barths.

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
FOUR PAGES.
for heaven’s sake...
LET THIS THREAD D I E ! Deadhorse

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I have hooked this thread up to an IV bag. She is getting intravenous.
Thumbs Up Vote more often!

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
FOUR PAGES.
for heaven’s sake...
LET THIS THREAD D I E ! Deadhorse

Nope!

I have another thought.... Does any one think that being a recognized chapter with Family RV would give Barth more visibility? Computer Would this visibility contribute to making a Barth a coveted recreational vehicle? java Could this drive the price up? Thumbs Up hmm After all they are not making any more Barth Motor Homes. Just sayin- this thread is not closed even if you say it should DIE? Tooling Along

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Another perspective: Most everybody that initially got involved with Bathmobile was in their 30s and 40s 'back in the day'. Well, we're all in our 60s, 70s, and 80s now. There aren't too many millennials interested in 30+ year old motor homes. If membership in FMCA would just keep the Barth name alive, it would be a good thing. Just think of the 100s of motor home makes that nobody ever heard of and weren't worth hearing about in the first place. The Barth name is worth keeping alive.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
What does it take to become apart of FMCA? Why would we not want to be a part of it as long as it does not mess with this site or cost any money. Specially if it would promote the Barth Brand.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
It cost you $50 yearly membership for the FMCA. The "recognition"??? A chapter is an active group of people that have a president, vice president, secretary, treasurer and and and. Main thing are ACTIVE. A chapter is only active as it has MEMBERS.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I initially became a member of Family Motor Coach Association for the benefit of a pinch hit driver. My Wife is not comfortable with driving the Barth more than ten feet. If I were unable to drive, FMCA, (now Family RV association) would find me a driver to bring my Barth home. I would pay the pinch hit driver's travelling expense.
There is also the benefit of staying at the Cincinnati location for two days per month for FREE, with good Wi-Fi. The tire program is useful for purchasing or comparing tire prices. There are other perks that may be of interest to some members, like stop of points, and Mechanic helpers available from members nearby.
A few of our members already belong to Family RV. Family RV now allows towable Recreational Vehicles for pull behind units.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Kevin, kill this thing, from what Marvin says it will be a PIA. If someone like you wants to join they will.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
As Jim says times have changed. Most coach buyers today have little interest in old equipment regardless of the quality. If this were not true Dana's coach would have sold a year ago. We live in a throwaway society.

I have one of the newest coaches and it is over 20 years old. There is simply almost no demand for these any more.

The few buyers that exist are capable of finding a Barth without help from FMCA just as the few buyers on this site can find FMCA without us wasting time with a dead end thread.

Just sayin'

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5158 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post