Forums    General Discussions    Happy Hanukkah & a Very Merry Christmas.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Happy Hanukkah & a Very Merry Christmas.
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Happy Hanukkah & a Very Merry Christmas to all.

Tonight is the Eve of Hanukkah Celebrations. On Friday night the first candle of the Menorah or Hanukiah is lit.

Wiki on Hanukkah

Odd bit of trivia, for those who think I might have the start date of Hanukkah wrong...
The Jewish day begins at sunset, whereas the Gregorian calendar begins the day at midnight. So, the first day of Hanukkah actually begins at sunset of the day immediately before the date noted on Gregorian calendars.

Enjoy the new Masthead, lower picture and Scenic Display that the "Secret Society Of Barth Basement Dwellers" have been testing for the past couple of days. Computer

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
You're web skills have reached a new high Bill. Too bad there's no money in it any more.

I visited your company's website and wonder if your neglecting RDR. It's not nearly as exciting as Barthmobile IMHO. java

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Cool, I just smashed all my XMass lights!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Thank you SOOO much Bill, and all others who helped with the new display. A wonderful way to begin the holiday season. Beautiful Smiler. Tere and I love all of you.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I agree with Jim and Tere, this is like one large family and I also love each and every one of you. We are so thankful to have the love and support of this wonderful group of friends.

We especially owe a debt of gratitude to our BillNY for all that he does for us. Thank you Bill.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sky:
Bill I am glad to see some one with talents on the computers, the backgrounds you have been putting on here for the holidays have been very impressive. Thanks from all of us Barthmobilers here and hope you and your family and all the Barth Family have a Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year. Ray and Anne
I am glad that you are all enjoying the variety of colors/images that we use for the different holidays.

This time around I wanted to do something that was interactive as well. I wanted it to be up for a few days so everyone has an opportunity to see & enjoy it. Too many times these are only up for a day or two and not everyone gets to see them.

We worked on this script, in the basement area, for a few days until it was tweaked just right. There is however, still an issue.

Do not leave your computer for a long period of time... We had one "Basement Dweller" who came back after a few hours and found that the snow had accumulated to the point that it had melted onto his keyboard thus rendering it useless.
quote:
...the snow had accumulated on the keyboard where it melted. That keyboard is ruined but fortunately, I had a spare. The unfortunate part was finding 6" of the white stuff on my credenza and carpet. The blowing snow feature must have been on since I have two foot drifts along the wall of my den. I couldn't get the snow blower in here and had to use the shovel and now my back is killing me.
See why we have testers... You have been warned. Big Grin

Also, the lights on the top are in stereo... so if you break a bulb by mistake, it will shatter out the appropriate speaker... If it makes a noise out of the wrong speaker, then you have your speakers mounted backwards. [end of speaker test]

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Spent 20 minutes breaking Christmas lights today!!!... way to much fun (or way to much time on my hands today!)... kinda like David Letterman throwing his cards through that back window Smiler Thank you BillNY for all you do... I wish you, your family, and those little techie elves a Merry and Blessed Holiday Season.

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Bill: the technology is fantasic! Can break glass with no mess (or blood) and can decide to let it snow or not-- and if it snows there no clearing---- this just isn't like home!

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Capt Bob
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

still breaking lights,, nice sounds,,,,no mess

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo

Posts: 115 | Location: West Central Florida | Member Since: 10-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

tickled me see u got them replaced !! ull get tired going up and down the latter hah

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Originally posted by robert and kimberly delucia:
tickled me see u got them replaced !! ull get tired going up and down the latter hah
Don't sweat it, break as many as you want... I've got a "Union Guy" who does that. Big Grin

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Hey there Bill NY

What a great holiday set up you got for all of us. Thumbs Up Thanks, I've enjoyed it. Smiler

Just one small problem, need to get a snowblower or something down here.....all this snow is piling up and the only shovel we own now is a garden shovel Big Grin

Thanks again Bill, and while I'm at it, HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all the Barthers, and future Barthers.

Tom and Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T&T&B:
Just one small problem, need to get a snowblower or something down here.....all this snow is piling up and the only shovel we own now is a garden shovel Big Grin
You were warned about that!!! Big Grin

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Yup, you're right, I was warned. hmm

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post