Tools
Reply To This Topic

suggestion on refurbishing 23 ft. Barth 1976
 Login now/Join our community

posted
This unit for sale, viewed it yesterday
http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ca...d-W0QQAdIdZ126277139

Questions::
Body Good but paint on top half very thin and oxidized. Can this be buffet or brought down to alumin finish with labor and not much cost. Tires are new but needs drivers side windshield. Are they still available from some firm? Brakes are a question mark, pedal low but has new exhaust. Brakes same as a Chev 1 ton???

engine feels good but uses 1 quart of oil in 400 miles, Is this getting excessive.

Any suggestions would be more than welcomed.

Posts: 4 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 05-10-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
For what it is worth, Jeff had me start polishing where the paint used to be......I tried it with an electric buffer, and a stick of the brown polish, and then by hand, and also tried steel wool! I would not suggest this.

When I polished where the Alumium was left raw I used steel wool and a green polish in a bottle, works pretty well!

Lee, posted something about a cyclo polisher being the best...I am hoping for one for my birthday, They work very well and Lee's coach looks so good.

Good Luck, I hope it all works out for you!

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post