Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Owners of an '82 MCC
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Etchisons
posted
Hi, my family just took ownership of an '82 MCC. We were so excited to find this forum as the internet seems to be pretty dry on any Barth information. I spent a better part of the day searching through posts, nice to find a forum as friendly as this one!
If anyone could help us find any info on the MCC we would greatly appreciate i.e. wiring diagrams, parts, etc. And we are in great need of a windshield ASAP!
Thanks
Matt, Ashley and Nathan

Posts: 10 | Location: Norco, CA | Member Since: 07-14-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums!

I can't give you any help on the MCC, but there are several owners of MCC-chassis Barths (but the early ones with the MCC shell are quite rare).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Ashley, what part of CA are you? There is a place that specializes in FMC and MCC chassis in Morgan Hill CA. They (RPS) have been a help for parts with my Breakaway!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
I still remember when they came out with the MCC motor coach. It is a unique coach. Interested in what drive train you have in it. looked at 1 several year ago that had a 440 Dodge engine with a 727 transmision. I read post on MCC chassies. Claims of one great handeling and riding motorhome. I know Patch likes his MCC.
Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Would you take a few more images and snap one of the tire tag and axle ratings inside your coach. The tag gives us a little more insight in to your vehicle history.

We've only been able to catalog 3 of the MCC by Barth coaches via tag info - your input is appreciated.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Etchisons
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for replying! I had a feeling these were pretty rare by the lack of info on the internet, but had no idea that rare! We live in Norco, CA. The motor is a V8 turbo charged Detroit diesel with a Alyson transmission. We're having some electrical and generator issues but she's a pretty solid driver. I think after some work its going to a be a great coach!

Thanks!
Matt

Posts: 10 | Location: Norco, CA | Member Since: 07-14-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ashley:
Help... I can't read this, could you send this image a little larger?

BTW: You never need to make the images smaller - you can send them as large as you want - they will never be larger than 800x600 when you get them off of the upload site.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Etchisons
posted Hide Post
Whoops, let me try those two again.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:
I still remember when they came out with the MCC motor coach. It is a unique coach. Interested in what drive train you have in it. looked at 1 several year ago that had a 440 Dodge engine with a 727 transmision.

Was that an FMC?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Is this the MCC that was for sale near San Diego/orange county by olsen?
Am curious how much you paid for it---

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Bill, I think tour right that was a FMC and not a MCC.
Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Etchisons
posted Hide Post
Actually Olsen is a buddy of mine, and still owns it. It lives in my backyard and I am trying to get it restored so we can use it.

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
ok...I sent him an offer sometime ago and he never replied to it. I sent several followup
messages but he never replied Frowner
I watched with interest his listings all the way
drop from $10000 down, but he never replied.
Lucky you!!!
check out: http://www.motorcoachrestoration.com
they are the experts on MCC and FMC motorhomes

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Etchisons
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the site! Been looking everywhere for parts, I plan on calling them tomorrow with my list. Yeah, his in laws were the original owners and he decided not to sell it but send it here for us to store and use.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Great looking coach welcome home.Keep in touch everybody on this net. will help as much as possible.They did me when I started to work on ours.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post