Forums    General Discussions    CP3793316057 ??
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

CP3793316057 ??
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted
Does the above number look like a legitimate Barth VIN ?? (early '80's era)....I thought VIN's were a cryptic collection of numbers & letters.....

If this is a good #, is there any info or data that can be retrieved from it?....Thanks,

Lee

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill......That's kinda what I thought, but as an old Dodge-dude, I'm not familiar with Chevy P-30/32 numbers......

Where should I ask the potential seller to look for the Chevy-VIN ?....And does the first number he sent me have any significance that you know of?

Lee
Multiple Winnie veteran
Seeker of entry-level Perfect Barth

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
OK if I were a government code breaker I would see in this number a Chevy p-30 built in 1979 and a 33 foot unit. Then the last five numbers could be Barth's serial number. Does any of this fit.

And the vin# should be on a plate which is sometimes found behind the drivers head on the end of the cabinet and sometimes inside the generator door.

the Barth serial number for my 1985 is 8407-3110-29FP3.

It is different than yours but I am sure you can see the similarities. My chassis was built in the 7th month of 1984 and the chassis was a 29 foot (including bumpers) P-30. On the front of my three ring binder it says "Unit 3110". So there ya go....

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
"Almost" a cigar, Dave...Your deciphering seems to add-up (i.e. '79 chassis mfg'd for an '80 model-year unit, etc), until we get to length...in this case, it's attached to a 21 footer......

Rather than beat this to death, I'll re-connect with the seller and ask him to look in the locations you suggested. If I get a more legitimate looking VIN, I'll be asking for some help to decode it.....Thanks....

Lee
Wash. DC area

For Sale: Water, approx. 35,000 gallons, (enough to fill-up one average-size basement)...Will trade for equal amount of electricity.....
(Thanks a lot Isabel!)

Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
OK,...Thanks to Bill & Dave's help, here's what should be the VIN for the P-30 chassis:

S80072702NC21520

Now if I could get a little help with decoding it please........

Lee
Water gone, power back...Life is good.....

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I still don't thing you have the correct number a 1982 vin looks like this
1GBKP37W2C3306785

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Geeze,...I seem to have the same luck with the lottery when it comes to finding the right numbers!.....

Enough!...Life is short....I won't bother ya'll anymore about this....I'm headed for the midwest this week to inspect the unit and maybe close on it...If so, I guess I can e-mail my insurance carrier with the VIN at that time to get a binder for the ferry trip.....

Dave - I'd appreciate receiving a VIN decoder.

Thanks again for everyone's input.....
(Bill, been reading all the old archives--You sure do know your stuff!)

Lee

posted Hide Post
Hi guys I have a 1976 Barth the numbers are

Vin Chassis # CPY3763303739

Motor Coach # S76041865MC27

The Vin number is located next to the radiator right front top,standing in front of the radiator, under the defrost hose. Also next to the drivers seat under the window is a plate with both numbers.

Ralph Glover

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post