Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

97 BARTH 34FT GAS
 Login now/Join our community

posted
HI I HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAS A 34FT BARTH WITH LESS THAN 30,000 MILES...AS I CANT FIND ANYWHERE WHERE BARTH MADE A COACH IN THE GAS MODEL IN OVER 30 FT IN LENGTH,I AM LOOKING FOR SOME HELP.NADA HAS NO LISTING FOR A FORD ENGINE IN A 30 FT.IT IS 34FT, AND IT IS EQUIPPED WITH A FORD 5.7 GAS ENGINE AND EQUIPPED WITH FACTORY TAG AXEL OTHERWISE IT HAS PRETTY MUCH THE STANDARD EQUIPTMENT..I NEED TO FIND SOMEWHERE TO GET A USED VALUE AND UNDERSTAND WHY NADA DOES NOT SHOW A 34FT GASSER....BERNIE PARR

Posts: 37 | Location: New Holstein,wis | Member Since: 02-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
NADA does show a 29, 32, and 34 foot Ford Gasser for 1998 year model.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PLEASE EXCEPT MY OPOLOGIES THE ENGINE IS A ...7.5THANKS BERNIE

Posts: 37 | Location: New Holstein,wis | Member Since: 02-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NICK,I JUST WENT TO NADA SITE THEY HAVE GASSERS BUT NOT A 34 FT FORD GASSER...I AM NOT GOOD AT USING THESE COMPUTERS SO MABE I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG ....THANKS FOR YOUR PROMPT COME BACK...BERNIE

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Look at this thread about a 97 Barth Ford 34 foot gas.
97 BARTH 34FT GAS

Nick

posted Hide Post
HI NICK,YOUR RIGHT THE 98 DOES SHOW A 34FT GASSER FORD TOO....IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE MOTORHOME IS A 98 AND NOT A 97 LIKE HIS TITLE SHOWS??BERNIE

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bernie parr:
HI NICK,YOUR RIGHT THE 98 DOES SHOW A 34FT GASSER FORD TOO....IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE MOTORHOME IS A 98 AND NOT A 97 LIKE HIS TITLE SHOWS??BERNIE
It is quite possible that the year 97 or 98. It may have been titled in the year sold instead of model year.

Nick

posted Hide Post
HI NICK,I WISH TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR COME BACK..ITS TITLED A 97 SO HE ASK ME WHAT ITS WORTH. I TOLD HIM SOMEWHERE IN 3O RANGE.HE SAID HE HAS ADVERTISED IT 3 TIMES WITH NO LUCK.I TOLD HIM ITS A SELLER AND BUYER AGREEING ON A PRICE!AND THATS WHAT ITS WORTH..A 7.5 IS A V10 CORRECT///BERNIE

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I have seen a number of Barths that did not show up on NADA or KBB. Mine, for example.

Yesterday I saw a 31 ft gas puller made in 6/88 on a Deere chassis that is not on the NADA site. In fact, NADA does not sow a Deere for 88. The only Deere they show for 89 is a 28-footer.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HI THIS UNIT IS IN NORTHERN MICH..FROM WHAT I AM READING IN THE TREAD HE IS PROBABLY ASKING WAY TOO MUCH..I KNOW HE WANTS IN THE 30S FOR IT AS I OFFERERED HIM 22 AND HE OWES THE BANK ABOUTE 32. HE SAID HE WOULD KEEP IT.I SAW THE ONE ON BARTH AND CONTACTED HIM, HES AT 27 MIN. SO FROM THE POST AND THREDS I SEE ITS ALSO OUTTA LINE..I SENT A COPY OF THE THREAD TO SELLER TO SEE WHAT HE COMES BACK WITH,,,AGAIN THANKS TO YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP.BERNIE

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Bernie,

As far as NADA value, remember NADA uses a very simply mathematical algorithm for boats, planes, RVs. This is very different from the auto and truck sections which actually calculate the "comps" from auction. What does this mean? A Barth may be priced very similar to a Winnebago;
a well maintained rig, close to a beat up rig.

I think people have become a little too bargain crazy in this down economy and it could hurt both buyers and sellers.

What would the unit in question cost now? $150K likely or more. With 30,000 miles, what does it need? How much will the residual value be, or saying it differently, how much depreciation will occur?

Low mileage units are in a league of their own and buyers may want to be more generous if the rig is well maintained. Yes, I know some theories about something wearing out from lack of use, but I'm talking about well maintained and consistently used machines.

Would you rather:

A) Spend $150,000 for new with a 3 year warranty? Everything will be new, but insurance, tax, registration will be high. Plus, if financed, the principle is high. If a typical SOB it will be worth very little when 10 years old (residual value).

B) Spend $20,000 on a "bargain" used rig with mid to high miles and showing wear on needy components?

C) Spend $32,000 on a low mileage, well maintained, fully depreciated rig that has intrinsic uniqueness (like Barth, Airstream, Safari)?

My 20+ years in big ticket automotive and recreational items has consistently proven that C) is the best economical answer. A) is the best answer for those who are not as worried about financial value but rather, want convienience value.

Additionally, CAPS are a no - no in forums as they represent "yelling". Much better for you to use all lower case if you must choose one. This forum is super friendly, but you'll get flamed in most others. D'oh

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NOBEL,HE SAYS HE PURCHASED IT NEW,AND COST WAS AROUND 90,000..WHEN YOU BUY NEW, IF I COULD AFFORD IT I WOULD..BUT BEING 70 YRS OLD I HAVE TO SETTLE FOR A GOOD USED ONE..YOUR PROBABLY RIGHT IN YOUR ANALISIS,BUT THE MARKET PLACE LIKE YOU SAY IT IS TIGHT AND FUEL IS REALLY HIGH ALSO..SO I LOOK AT IT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS AND I HAVE TO SELL, WHAT CAN I EXSPECT TO SELL IT FOR???THEREFOR I CANT GET INTO ONE THATS WAY OUT OF LINE.THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT......BERNIE

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Hey Bernie,

I agree, you should never buy something that is unaffordable to you. On the other hand, if you are concerned about resale value, low mileage is just about your best friend in selling your vehicle when that time comes.

Buyers tend to set mileage limits in their mind, 50,000 and 100,000 are the most common. Therefore, it is usually a bad idea to buy something close to those limits and then put it over while you own it. 30,000 miles is a good number as you could own it and use it and probably not go over 50, certainly not go over 100K. Unless you are like Rusty, and never stop spinning the wheels.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Althepal
posted Hide Post
Bernie,
Though I am "no expert" I live in Northern Michigan and would go make a visual inspection if it would help you any in your evaluation. I just did buy a Barth, but I have not seen it in person yet. I will not have a chance to get in it until late March as it is in New Mexico. Looking at a nearby Barth might give me a good fix.
Alan

Posts: 18 | Location: Northern Michigan | Member Since: 01-24-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post