Barthmobile Portal
Reflecting on Memorial Day

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/3393957987

05-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Jim & Barb
Reflecting on Memorial Day
May we remember the families that lost a love one in the ultimate sacrifice and also those who have return from war, with broken bodies and emotional problems.

I salute you for your service, because we all know freedom is not really free and we have to remember there are those who wish to destroy America and what we stand for.

This is not a holiday about grilling burgers, drinking beer, however that is why they did fight, so we can enjoy these gatherings without fear.

Six years service in the U.S.N.
Jim
05-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Kevin
Thank you for the posting and for your Service JIM!
Thank you to ALL our other Service related members too past and present.
Thank you to Bill NY for taking the time to change the banner on this page for us to reflect.
05-29-2017, 02:02 PM
Mogan David
It disturbs me when people say "Happy Memorial Day".
HAPPY that people died?
It is NOT Veterans Day.
My parents always referred to the holiday by the earlier name, DECORATION Day (for decorating fallen soldier's graves).

That said...
was very happy yesterday when a lady paid for my meal and beer... leaving a note for the waitress to give me (when time to pay the tab)
note says "Thank you for your service".
was wearing one of my Vietnam veteran caps.
05-29-2017, 04:06 PM
Kevin
Mark, Think of it like this. I am sorry to have never know my uncle Nick, but I am happy for the freedom he has left the rest of us Americans to enjoy and be thankful about. I thanked veterans at the local coffee shop this morning and a thank you also Mark.