Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Turd Fairy strikes Lulamay
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
If it costs more to repair than the actual cash value at time of demise they will just pay you the total loss and be done. Buy it back and fix it on your dime and have an AGREED value on your coach.

Maybe you could contact Doorman in Dayton OH, he might know someone around there that does sheetmetal.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
What is the status of your claim?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for interest. The adjuster finally got back with me yesterday I didn’t feel his proposed numbers were where they needed to be. I also am asked to have a salvage title and that’s what I’m currently fighting on the basis of the structure being sound. I’m currently working on getting it Smiler moved again. I’ll keep you posted. Smiler

Posts: 38 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 03-21-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I don't think you should get a salvage title unless they make you.
You'd be much better off keeping your good title. They might not fight about you keeping the salvage for a nominal amount. They can't get much for such an old RV at auction (tho they might for an Airstream). It is so old that it would be exempt from any salvage contract they might have, with an outfit like LKQ.

The wall structure does NOT appear to be sound to me -- a point over which it is pointless to argue.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Mark, I am not sure your point of reference is.

I went thru this with my insurance and if I forced them to cover the damage, they would have paid me off and taken the title. I agreed and the buy back was so low that I bought it back BUT the title would be salvage!

The settlement was extremely in my favor, Yes, now I have over 300K miles on it so does it really matter salvage or not?

If it is a 1970's unit does it really matter if it has a salvage title? I think not!

A 1970's or 1980's unit or high mileage unit will require work or attention no matter what the title is.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went thru this with my insurance

That was a first party claim.
She has a third party claim.
They are inherently different.
My "point of reference" or perspective, if you will, is 36 years of handling property and casualty insurance claims. Computer
Whenever the RV might be restored (and be worthy to go back on the road again), she may have a difficult time getting back to a clean title and/or insuring a piece of salvage hmm

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Lulamay I and others are waiting patiently to hear your progress with your bout with the Turd Fairy. What is the latest update? We are like family we need to know whats going on Smiler

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, Thanks. Well, boy not a blast. So adjuster offered and I have nothing to say until I get some ,one ,any estimate. The problem so far no one is interested .i think I found someone , but haven’t been able to connect yet.
I did talk to airplane mechanic,he said he could work on skin. The angle iron was to much. I will keep you posted.

Posts: 38 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 03-21-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lulamay:
Nice, Thanks. Well, boy not a blast. So adjuster offered and I have nothing to say until I get some ,one ,any estimate. The problem so far no one is interested .i think I found someone , but haven’t been able to connect yet.
I did talk to airplane mechanic,he said he could work on skin. The angle iron was to much. I will keep you posted.

I saw you respond yesterday. How about an update. We care! Hopefully good news.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Lulamay, have you had any good news yet? I do hope things are going your way!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Thanks guys haven’t been on in awhile. Short answer Nothing, yet. I finally got a guy who thinks he can do it. He wanted to see more before he puts the quote together so he is taking it apart. Ugh! Should know soon. If anybody knows source for skin or back light anything in photos, I’d be interested. If not available I’m probably going to do some patch job maybe diamond plate or? Anyway Thanks for support I will let you know when I do.

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Measure how big of a piece of aluminum you need. I have some scrounge and am a scrounger. I can't find anything to exact match. But it would be better than diamond plate. Let me know if you want me to pursue. If it is small enough a piece I would be able to ship easily.

I have some aluminum I am pulling off my 53. I don't know the size. It is similar. I hope I could get you a big enough piece.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lulamay:
If anybody knows source for skin or back light anything in photos, I’d be interested.

I have in the box Grote p/n 51102 tail lite assembly. Exact match. Picked it up at flee market for $25. If you can't find one anywhere I'll get this one to you. Housing is stamped Monarch 5129, lenses 9074 and 9075. Grote 51102

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Airplane guys can get aluminum for skins. Try an airplane repair shop.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Like SteveVW, I was going to suggest, go to the local airport and check with the repair folks. watch the grade, you probably do not want an aluminum clad or high strength alloy like 7075-T6, get the least expensive they have it will be more than adequate. .030 thick will be adequate too.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post