Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth paint
 Login now/Join our community

posted
my barth has no paint.Is this unusual or what ?i am new to the Barth world and havent seen to many like mine !! I was also wondering if my furnace in 1977 had a pilot light system or is the electonic ignighter in it now is a factory system ?

Posts: 5 | Location: Western Canada | Member Since: 12-26-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
I have a 1976 Barth, it has a Suburban Dyna-Trail Furnace model NT-30 which has the electronic ignition which lights itself.

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
P-30 454
1998 Tracker Toad

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
on my 77 it lites automatically..if the gas is on and i believe the motor has to be rotating so many rpms (not sure of this but i believe its right)....if everything is working correctly..when u move the heat indicator to the desired setting..u will hear the motor start spinning and in approx 6-10 seconds u will hear a click..that is the furnance igniting and then in about 5 seconds u will feel warm air coming out the vents

living in beautiful southern illinois 77-21' p-30 454

Posts: 37 | Location: alto pass il | Member Since: 01-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks waterhawk.... i do have all the manuals for this furace so i will get exact specs... how ever mine does ignites all right,then goes into a running fan mode then ignighter lights and warms bus..... then how ever 9 times out of ten it cools and shuts down.... how ever one time out of ten it will stick on the cool down mode and continue to run blowing cold air.... it then wont reignite unless i move the thermostat up ....... any ideas why it would stick on this mode one time out of then... the rest of the time it cycles fine and works fine.... my concern is a smell of propane while it coos down.... wondering if a shut off valve might be staying on providing propane when it should be off.....

Posts: 5 | Location: Western Canada | Member Since: 12-26-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back to the posted topic- our 1972 22 footer has no paint either, and little evidence that it ever had much. Hard to tell since most of it has been polished, although not fully. See pictures of it in the Barth Coaches Sold section from about a year ago. It's the 1972 22' 'Toaster'.

We haven't lit the furnace in it and neither did the previous owner, so I don't remember if it has a pilot or not even though I did look over the owner's manual. (ours came with most orginal documents and about 10 years of repair and maintenance records.) It's hooked up to shore power most of the time, so I use an oil-filled radiator and a small circulation fan for heat. Checking out the furnace is down the list somewhere after the front suspension/ steering renovation and engine work to cure oil leaks... which hopefully we'll get done within a month or two.
In a 34 year old Barth I'm certain there will always be something waiting to be done...

Posts: 48 | Location: boonville,ca. | Member Since: 01-30-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post