Forums    General Discussions    Are you considering selling?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Are you considering selling?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
First and foremost, thanks everybody that contributes to this forum. In a last couple of weeks I learned a ton of stuff!
We are very active RV people that love vintage. Our kids have grown up so now we looking to downsize from our beloved 1988 Bluebird Wanderlodge. We narrowed down our search to Barth - nobody should be surprised since we owe Bluebird for so many years. We are looking for 25'.
If you are considering selling or swapping, please contact us.
Feel free to text me at 414-640-0877

Thanks,
Peter

Posts: 34 | Location: Wisconsin | Member Since: 03-03-2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
There is a Facebook group dedicated to Barth coaches. In general, the members are interested in their coaches but do not seem to work on Barth projects as much as this site.

However, there are often coaches bought and sold there that we do not know about. It might be worth checking there to see.

Good luck with your search! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Steve for your advice. I will check it out. And what’s your story with the Volkswagen?

Posts: 34 | Location: Wisconsin | Member Since: 03-03-2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Long story... It was a great toad while it lasted. I should update my avatar....

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...003910387#7003910387

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Long story... It was a great toad while it lasted. I should update my avatar....

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...003910387#7003910387

Or hold a memorial! I’m sure you had some ashes after the cremation! Sorry

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a beauty! Sorry for your loss.

posted Hide Post
Our search is over! We are proud owners of 25 ft. 1988 Barth Regal. Here's a picture. Still dirty from the 1,400 miles trip back home.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, looks like a great find!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of five-oh
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Looks very much like Buford, our '88. We love ours, I just hate I haven't had time to use it like we'd like to.

Posts: 58 | Location: Hattieville, Arkansas | Member Since: 11-01-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Thumbs Up

Happy Motoring Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you!
Let's the customization process begin. Did any of you install fuel injections on your mighty 454? Seems to be the way to start the improvements.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Peter
Check the archives. SteveVW switched his 454 out for one with fuel injection. He was very prolific with his projects on that rig.

Plan on coming to the Minnesnowta GTG and talk with a bunch of Barth owners including Steve.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I put fuel injection on my 454. It was one of the best mods I made on that coach. Between that and the fuel system upgrades it ran really well, got better mileage too. Since that time, there are even more choices for fuel injection systems.

discussion here: https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...173973877#3173973877

That and the later conversion from the OEM 240 hp 454 to the 400 hp 454HO made it fun to drive. Huge improvement in power and even better mileage. Started with about 6.5 mpg, was up to about 8 when I sold it.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
P&J! Great to meet you, I have the same vintage as you. Things to know:
- 7N4 AC option on the engine leads to unusual "belts" situation, with serpentine, V belts, and pulleys driving other pulleys
- "modern" manufacturing standards on belts often result in metric width belts where English belts fit best
- check every hose clamp, after 30 years you might find as I did that some rusted through completely, and hoses were held in by magic of items corroding together
- rust is a form of evil, and my intake manifold rusted through due to condensation, if you work on the top of your engine, clean it and prime and paint it
- the 7N4 aluminum bracket is a pain in the "you know what" and many owners have seen them break. There should be a support at the rear of the bracket and apparently many mechanics take a short cut and leave them off, leading to trouble.
- speaking of short cuts, your vacuum hose routing might not be what factory engineers intended, check them for routing
- replace them anyway, you will do so as well after you go EFI, and if you replace them now, you might find notable changes in performance
- factory exhaust manifolds are a problem with the engine, they weren't designed for decades of use, and AIR tubes might rust through as well.
- FG12X - the number references the fuel tank pickup. Ask me why that is "burned" in my mind. On that assembly, there is a 2" section of hose between an electric pump, and a metal tube. That hose and clamps weren't engineered for 3 decades of service, and the result will be that it seems you are running out of fuel even though the gas gauge says you are at 50%. Plan on replacing that.
- fuel pumps: you have a mechanical pump on the front passenger side of the engine, and an electric one in the tank. Generally the mechanical pump is all you need, but if you find engine problems when going up hill, that is sometimes an indicator of problems with the electric pump.

The machine is very maintainable, and parts are available from typical sources, Rockauto, Summit, and sometimes ebay.

Spares: pack an HEI module, a starter solenoid, belts, hoses, clamps, plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, fuel pump, and you will be assured of never needing them.

Welcome aboard!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post