Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

My 67 Barth Air Flo
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Todd
posted
Got to CT this passed weekend & proceeded to look at my Barth that I had never seen in person. The guy was in his 80's & this belonged to his father. He supposedly took it around the country including Alaska. The outside is near mint so I'll say VG to excellent. The inside is a different story. The dinette is taken apart & the floor is in need of repair. The ceiling needs to be replaced only because the vinyl is ripped off in spots. No biggy. The cushions are there but I didn't look at the foam. I knew when the guy moved the trailer to the front he would get people interested in buying. As I hooked it up to the Cherokee, a fellow taps me on the shoulder wanting to know if it's for sale. He stares at me & says "Too Late Right?" Oh well! Towed it to my friends house 3/10 of a mile & stuffed it in the backyard along with his Airstream.
He emails me yesterday & says "The Barthmobile doesn't leak a drop. It rained like hell here."

That's the latest update. I will be going up in a week or so to tow it to MA where I will do most of the work & it will be my guest house on my friends property. But it's so different looking it might just have to be towable to meets.

Todd

Posts: 68 | Location: Bay Shore,New York | Member Since: 03-22-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Good story and update Tod... Good luck on your project and if you feel like the rest of us you might just want to make it towable to show it off....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/10
Picture of McBarth
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your Barth Trailer! Glad it found a good home and we're looking forward to more updates on it! Thumbs Up

Posts: 14 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 01-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to believe that. I figured I'd spruce it up But now I'd rather redo.

Todd

Posts: 68 | Location: Bay Shore,New York | Member Since: 03-22-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
Well today was almost the finale of gutting time. I know Bill put some of my pictures somewhere, but I've learned how to put images on. It's actually the same way on my board.
Have Clutch Head bit will travel. Are those things still made??

posted Hide Post
hey todd could you e-mail me pics of your trailer? i recently aquired one and am having a very hard time figuring out what year it is.
thanks

Posts: 3 | Location: Viroqua,Wisconsin | Member Since: 05-21-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I just sent you a PM. I can shoot you a bunch of pictures if you need them. If you want, send me your phone number in the PM and I'll try to help you.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post