Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Supposed Barth for sale on e-bay
 Login now/Join our community

posted
There is a coach on E-bay listed as a 1981 used rv bud detroit diesel 35 ft. It is a Monaco, Model is Barth mcc. Not interested in it as it has a 8.2 fuel pincher detroit and they are not a good motor, just curious if this has any connection to a real Barth?

------------------
2 B 1 ask 1

Posts: 4 | Location: Linden, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 01-22-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
You bet it's a real Barth. I don't where they got the Monaco they included in that ad, it's dealer and I just assume they assumed something.

Barth used the MCC chassis on their "Regency" model from 1982, (late 1981) to 1985. Seach on MCC above and you will gather a plethoria of valuable info on the MCC Barths. I have emailed you the pdf file announcing this coach in the 1982 Motorhome Magazine.

By the way in 1984 Barth dumped the sleek FMC fiberglass coach body and replaced it with the body we are so familiar with today. But it was still the MCC chassis.

MCC Regency from 1981-1984

MCC Regency from 1984-1985

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 22, 2006).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I think the glass Regency in Dave's post is the one I looked at in Mt. Vernon, WA a few years ago. Same color scheme, and the background looks like WA .

The square bodies, MCC or otherwise, are more livable & practical.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
But the MCCs sure do look slick! There's a 29' for sale (as it has been for several months) locally - new 440, new transmission - I looked at it, but I'm not a fan of the 440's fuel economy....now if it had a Hemi, I might have been seduced! BTW, there was another 29' MCC on RV Trader with a Duramax/Allison conversion ($40K), but it appearently sold fairly quickly.

As for me, my '94 28' Breakaway is absolutely ideal for how I use a MH....

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Rusty tht 29 foot you saw would have been an FMC. That 29 footer with the 440 became a 35 footer with a 8.2l Detroit when taken over my barth in 1981. Here is a picture of a 1973 29 foot FMC.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I knew that...I don't know why I typed MCC...

This is the one, BTW: http://www.rvtrader.com/rvdetail78674.htm

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Hackercraft, huh?

Nice name. Is there a story behind it?

Nice boats, too.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post