Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tow Bar
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted
Has anyone heard or been familiar with a "Tow-Me" aluminum tow bar? I bought one on ebay and wondered where I could get car brackets for it.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hay Don,

The tow me towbar was manufactured by P and E Industries which is now out of business. But worry not, for you can use base plates from Demco. If you do your own work, give a call to www.rvaddons.com where they will fix you right up and never charge you sales tax or shipping.

Good luck....

------------------
"Ships are safe in the harbor.....But that's not what ships are for"

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Dave, the fellow who sold it to me didn't have that information. This sure is a great site! I think of the minds that we can tap!

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Speaking of towing, I received a Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar with my Barth. I will likely be buying a Honda Accord this winter. Roadmaster does not sell directly to the consumer, but I want to install the brackets on the Honda myself. Can anyone lead me to a place where I can purchase the Roadmaster parts I need without being required to have it dealer installed? Bill Goodwin

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that Camping World's master catalog lists Roadmaster base plates. Also, two internet sellers, "RV Add Ons," and "RV Parts Outlet," carry Roadmaster base plates. I don't have their URLs, but try typing the title in your browser. If that fails, try a Google search.

I've never used Parts Outlet, but I had good service from RV Add Ons with a generator a couple years ago. They're in Florida.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Just go to roadmasterinc.com to find a dealer near you, they also have installation instructions available so you can do it yourself.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
www.rvaddons.com no tax no shipping

------------------

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited November 08, 2003).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
We bought ours through Camper's Choice.

------------------
Eddie Chevalier
'85 Barth Regal 28' P-30 454
'91 Honda Accord/'87 Yamaha YSR 50 Toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
I checked out RV Add On's and they don't sell the brackets, just the tow bar and wiring kits. Shadow man suggested the Roadmaster web site. I went there and found a dealer about 50 miles from my home. I called them and it looks like they will sell me all the parts so I can do the install myself. Thanks to all for the advice. Bill G

------------------
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Bill, what base plate were you looking for. It appears to me that www.rvaddons.com has base plates for every conceivable Honda and Acura.

http://www.rvaddons.com/default.asp?cmd=displayproduct&...ken=2ZR6ZT29XXOFYDMW

I bought my base plates for the Saturn here.

------------------

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dave, thanks for the link. When I went to the RV Add On's site, I could only find the tow bar and accessories. They do have the bracket I'm looking for. This simplifies things. Thanks again. Bill