Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rallies at Lazy River in Pioneer
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Rallies at Lazy River in Pioneer Ohio

Greetings, I am in the process of purchasing Lazy River Campground in Pioneer, ohio ..

By doing some internet searches, I discovered that your group held several rallies at this campground in the 1970’s.

I am gathering the history of the campground and looking for pictures or anything of interest. This campground was first called Ranger Campground in 1972. The rallies were hosted by Bill and Lou Herdter per your history page. Anything you can help with would be appreciated. Ken Wortkoetter 1530 E High St Bryan , Phone: 419-553-7030 Email: kenwortkoetter@roadrunner.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Bryan Ohio | Member Since: 08-09-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here is what I know, and it ain't much.

July 13-15, 1976 National Summer Rally held at Lazy River Campground, Pioneer, Ohio. The Ohio Barth Buckeyes were hosts. About 95 coaches attended. But no official count is available.

At this time, "I believe", your Campground was known as Lazy River.

Unfortunately, The Barth Rangers no longer have a web presence. The full text of their history from that page about your Campground is what I have listed above. I searched, but did not find any pictures from back then.

If you can find a cached page, that information was listed on "www.barthrangers.org/RallyHist"

The Barth Rangers and the Barthmobile.com Website are 2 different entities. Good luck with your search, if anyone knows anything more, please add to this thread.

Barth Rangers President is
Lee Merriman

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post