Forums    General Discussions    My Barth is a "what" ? !
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

My Barth is a "what" ? !
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of birddog
posted Hide Post
Bill, at 39 you might be the youngest. I'm 45 and my brother is 49. There are a few youngsters (under 40) that hang out with us. We're not in the infield though. PIR has a little RV city just west of the track.

Posts: 29 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Member Since: 03-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Bill you might think that you're so young but I am only 37

The above is a picture of my dad, below is a picture of me

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I really like the look of you your dad hanging out under the tree

Does he get to drive your Barth often?

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Never a secret in this crowd...

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:

My BS Meter just hit "10" Wink

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm so sorry Dave Roll Eyes . I thought you sent this picture out to everybody last Christmas Wink . Had I of know it was just for me I wouldn't have posted it... Big Grin

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are those beer cans I see on the table empty or full?

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
No beer cans on my tables. This picture was taken on the north side of Lake Superior, Ontario, Canada, Sleeping Giant campground. My wife was standing in the lake when taking this picture. Here are a couple more pictures of the same campground. If you ever have the chance to do the Circle Tour do it. It was a wonderful 10 Days. However, June 28th in Marathon, Ontario..40 deg and flurries.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Let me see if I understand this:

You're from Minn-E-Sota, and there's no evidence of beer? I thought folks from the womb of Prairie Home Companion were devoted to Truth and Products of Grain (Grown by Bachelor Farmers) and Hops (and Powdermilk Biscuits ["My Heavens They're Tasty!"]). Not to mention the reknowned nutritional value of such compounds...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you ever have the chance to do the Circle Tour do it.

The circle tour is explain better at this site.

There are several different tours or you can do all of them. Pretty neat thing to do. Check it out

The Great Lakes Circle Tour is a designated, scenic road system connecting all of the Great Lakes and the St. Lawrence River. The Circle Tour, established by the Great Lakes Commission in cooperation with its eight member states and the province of Ontario, promotes travel and tourism along the shores of "North America's Fresh Coast." Among thousands of places of interest, the Great Lakes Circle Tour showcases the world's largest body of fresh water, its most famous waterfall and other unique natural features ranging from magnificent dune-lands to majestic cliffs. Whether you are camping at one of the many national, state or provincial parks or enjoying the symphony in an historic, urban district, the Circle Tour can accommodate a spectrum of experiences.

The Circle Tour is over 6,500 miles or 10,500 kilometers long. It encompasses individual lake Circle Tours including New York State's Seaway Trail system. The road route, marked by distinctive green and white signs, is usually the closest major road or highway to the water. Official spur routes such as the Lake Michigan carferry are identified by brown and white signs.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Well we took the mini-Circle Tour just around Lake Superior. We loved the campgrounds of Canada, but enjoyed the scenery of the UP of Michigan and of course Northern Wisconsin is the Garden of Eden.

Rusty, I was lying, I am not 37 but trust me by the time I was 25 having spent most of my time from the age of 15 on as a professional musician I drank a life's full of beer. After meeting Deb at the old age of 32, (25 years ago) I decided I like Diet Coke better. I do consume a couple glasses of wine periodically but I am fat enough with out adding that to the mix... And yes, when I get up in the morning, that is the best I feel all day.. things just start hurting more as the day goes on.

Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
My switch is right in the middle of the dash board with a joystick to spin it around.

Oh, and birdog, with all respect to your puppy if you are going to take up that much image room you gotta have a Barth in the picture somewhere.

Picture of birddog
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry the picture is so big. I didn't know. I will post some Barth pictures when I find them. I wanted to try out the attachments. Just trying to get a feel for the site.

Posts: 29 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Member Since: 03-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bird Dog. Sorry if I came off harsh, I was mostly kidding, I should remember to use the Big Grin Smiler Razzer more...