Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Donaldson Air Cleaner 3208 Cat
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
Is there a manual out somewhere for this assembly?

Any pro's and con's on this application ( in my case a 3208T 250 hp Cat pusher) I'm areal fan ( no pun intended ) in keeping this cat happy and well supplied with fresh air.. Superman

anyone added or thought about scoops to bring more air into the engine compartment for additional radiator cooling..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
1991 Barth 80% Regency Interior - 60% Breakaway Exterior - 100% Chassis, running gears and drivetrain Regency so sounding like an early Breakaway XL... (I won't leave this long-winded description here long )

It's a BaRTH. Custom built, no two the same. I think if you wanted it, Barth would build it for you. That or whatever they had when they were building them. My Regal has a Regency dash and mirrors in the cabinets like a Regency.

I know of a 5.9 rear engine Regal SE. that would be called a Breakaway if built a year or two later.

I am in agreement with Bill that a Breakaway XL. is a close model to call yours. Looks like you got yourself a nice coach.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
MIKE! Jim roller a member here has a scoop on "Da-coach" he owns. It is a custom air scoop fitted on his Barth air cleaner.
As far as air filter elements, this is what is on my CAT. You do not have to use Donaldson Brand. I have been using WIX for over thirty years. You can purchase WIX at filter1.com or find a local dealer.
For the radiator cooling be sure the hydraulic fan is operating properly. Be sure the radiator fins are clear of leaves and debris.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
this?

https://catalog.donaldson.com/...1&_requestid=4403398

https://catalog.donaldson.com/...1&_requestid=4404353

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Tnx Doug, I suppose it doesn't matter what motor its filtering or chassis its mounted on..They ( at least the data tag above does ) mention an
owners manual..I'll give them a call..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post