Forums    General Discussions    Any Interest: 1987 Barth Medical Coach. Interior mostly cleaned out
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Any Interest: 1987 Barth Medical Coach. Interior mostly cleaned out
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Just another thought... we also live way out in the woods, with a half mile long driveway. We can't see another house from ours. I have a game scout camera in the driveway and a motion sensitive camera in the studio that looks out into the driveway. I use a program called Go1984, it works with any camcorder, webcam or any other video source. It looks for motion and has maskable areas, so the wind blowing the trees doesn't set it off. In the save options I can save to my hard drive, my website or have images emailed to my laptop or phone.

http://www.go1984.de/en.html

Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm lucky, in that I live in the sticks, and someone would have to go around my neighbor's to get to my house (which isn't visible from the main drive). Said neighbor is a retired NYPD Captain...

Our area is also populated by rural folks, who nevertheless are aware of Florida's liberalized laws regarding use of deadly force.

We had a theft ring of juveniles operating not too far away. The good ol' boys caught them before law enforcement. When they healed, they went to prison. FL also has a law that requires restitution to victims before any probation is continued.

As far as handguns are concerned, own one only if you are willing to master its use and can cope with what someone shot looks like. For defense, a .22 or .32 is not effective unless wielded with extreme accuracy. Better a .38 or 9mm; better still, a .40 S&W or .45. You want a weapon that will stop an intruder without necessitating a lethal shot.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
Just another thought... we also live way out in the woods, with a half mile long driveway. We can't see another house from ours. I have a game scout camera in the driveway and a motion sensitive camera in the studio that looks out into the driveway. I use a program called Go1984, it works with any camcorder, webcam or any other video source. It looks for motion and has maskable areas, so the wind blowing the trees doesn't set it off. In the save options I can save to my hard drive, my website or have images emailed to my laptop or phone.

http://www.go1984.de/en.html

Wm.

GREAT information. Thank you.

I have been considering something like that when we move to the sticks. If you have any more thoughts or information on that please post or PM.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Bill H,

It works well for me. You can control the sensitivity of the motion detection and mask out areas of the image. I have the trees in the yard masked out so that when the wind blows it doesn’t set off the motion detection. I’ve used it with a mini dv camcorder to get the best results. It will use almost any video source in your computer. There are lots of options for file saving including image size, frame rate and destination. It can also be set to trigger an alarm. There is a 30 day trial.

Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Hey Stinky Daddy

I too will look into that one. We are at the end of a small rural community, and often joke that if they drive by our house, then they are lost. That's 100% true. There are only 3 homes past ours, all empty, all vandalized. Perhaps the sign on our front gate has made them give 2nd thought to our home....

No Trespassing
Violators will be shot
Survivors will be shot again

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
quote:
No Trespassing
Violators will be shot

LOl! Tina and I need one of these after the break in.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T&T&B:

No Trespassing
Violators will be shot

Tina

I have a friend who has a small sign that says, (in Spanish) "If you enter to steal, you will die and your body will be eaten by coyotes."

I have been meaning to suggest to him that the sign would be more Politically Correct, (and more functional), if it were in English as well.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My sign says, "No Trespassing. Survivors Will be Prosecuted"

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post