Forums    General Discussions    Any Interest: 1987 Barth Medical Coach. Interior mostly cleaned out
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Any Interest: 1987 Barth Medical Coach. Interior mostly cleaned out
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of ForrestKing
posted
So...
It does not look like I am going to have the time to finish my Barth coach.

I have $10,000 invested in it. Thorley tri-y headers, new mufflers, new air bag suspension, new tail lights, new wipers, 4 leather captains chairs, 1 flexsteel couch, 10 foot counter space with 12v/120v undercabinet fridge. 7kw generator. setup for 50amp service. 50' 50amp shore power cord. new locks for each compartment. Sink, fresh water, grey water. 2 A/C units. 18' awning. Pull down bed frame not installed.

6 New goodyear 19.5 tires.

needs: complete interior and floor.

Chevy 454 w/ 11,000 miles on it.

Clear Missouri Title.

Needs a lot of work. driveable for sure. not liveable.

What's a fair price to ask?

Posts: 42 | Location: St Louis area | Member Since: 01-16-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Forrest.... I sure wish you would be able to reconsider selling your Barth... I know you've already done alot to it, if you could just keep going a little longer you might be able to enjoy some of your efforts... Hailey might also enjoy the coach with you... Please reconsider...

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I'm with Patch1st on this one. What a nice coach. I'd love to see some pics of the inside. If you don;t mind me askin' why you selling?
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ForrestKing
posted Hide Post
Nothing was taken, but our house was broken into (day before the Milford Rally). The Law showed up and in the course of the investigation proceeded to explain that the motorhome was blocking the view of the side of our house and that is where the would be robbers accessed the house.

Possible solutions include moving the coach to a storage lot, where I would not be able to work on it and it will most likely sit, unused, unloved, costing me 235 dollars a month. Or parting with it. Or waiting it out while the wife changes her mind... a minute possibility, but a possibility still.

As for the break-in, the alarm scared the person off. Unfortunately, the day after the break-in I had to travel for work, and this did nothing to set the wife's mind at ease... The way I see it, the alarm did its job and all is well, any support here for that point of view?

Posts: 42 | Location: St Louis area | Member Since: 01-16-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Forrest, I agree the alarm did its job but I can also see Hailey's point.... She had to be terrified staying there without you around.... Also the cost of storage is prohibitive... Lets try to come up with a way that the Barth being there would be an asset rather then a liability... Maybe an FBI stickrt on the side? LOL Just kidding but you know what I mean.... Anyone have any suggestions?

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
I often worry about this kind of stuff as Tina and I have recently had all of our jewelry stolen from our house. I would love for Tina to get a CCW license and be secure enough to use it one day. As of yet, I have not done my job in making her comfortable with a gun and as a result she seems to want me to be around a lot more (not that I am whining as alot of wives want their husbands to go away! Big Grin}. I am certainly not saying for anyone to go on a gun frenzy, but lets face it,.. you folks are law abiding and are interested in your own personal peace and is that too much to ask for(question mark} My wife is not much of a fighter but I think if I was to educate her on an equalizer (in a emergency situation only of course}, she might feel more secure. Till then, I better get my tail home on time! Also, I remember taking karate lessons as a young guy and that did a lot of good for my confidence. I know that too much confidence is not good but statistics show that folks with more confident attitudes have less issues of this kind and prevent even worse things on occasion. I am of course just throwing this out there as this is not typical Barth conversation. I hope I offend nobody but if any feel this is out of bounds, I will remove it or Bill N.Y. can always do so at his discretion.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Kris, come over here and pick up a keyboard..

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Dangit patch,...lol...Tina bought a snazzy one and I will be danged if I cant get the thing hooked up ! lol!

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris & Tina Jones:
I oftin worry about this kind of stuff as Tina and I have recently had all of our jewelry stolen from our house. I would love for Tina to get a CCW license and be secure enough to use it one day. As of yet, I have not done my job in making her comfortable with a gun and as a result she seems to want me to be around a lot more (not that I am whining as alot of wives want their husbands to go away! Big Grin}. I am certainly not saying for anyone to go on a gun frenzy, but lets face it,.. you folks are law abiding and are interested in your own ersonal eace and is that too much to ask for(question mark} My wife is not much of a fighter but I think if I was to educate her on an equaliser (in a emergency situation only of course}, she might feel more secure.

Do you need a CCW on your own property?

Regardless, CCW can be good, depending on where you go. Our CCW classes great. We were fortunate to have a superb instructor.

A dog is also a good house protector if you're not there. Our guy has a bark way worse than his bite, but he puts on a good show. This is useful if someone knocks on the door earlier to case the place. When I worked nights, Susan never went outside at night without our big guy.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Nothing like a shotgun inside! Lots of noise, lots of fear and it isn't going to put a round through your neighbor's walls either.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestKing:
The way I see it, the alarm did its job and all is well, any support here for that point of view?
The alarm did its job.

Did the cops mention that you still might have had an attempted break in even if your coach wasn't there? Did these super sleuths tell you that the only houses that are targeted for theft have RVs parked in their driveways?

Did you know that in the summer time some thieves look for houses with air conditioners so it masks their noises... are you saying that she'll go without a/c this summer too? Roll Eyes

Do the police show up at an accident scene and say that you wouldn't have had a fender bender if your car was parked in your driveway? Come on now!

The alarm did its job... end of discussion. Buy some outside lighting that comes on when you walk past it. Set some of your interior lighting on timers that come on and off at different times. Install a photoelectric cell switch or socket on some of the outdoor lighting. Foundation shrubs and trees should be kept low trimmed.

But sell the Barth because a vagrant or criminal attempted a break in? No way... wrong reaction to this... at least for me it would be.

I am sorry you had this issue come up when you went to leave, and I'm sorry if this sounds harsh - if you do what your wife proposes, you start down the slippery path of having fear control even more of your life. Good luck to you Forrest.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
I gotta chime in on this one.

We live in the sticks (actually - the northern tip of the everglades).

Police protection here is a total joke. No offence to the guys in green, they try, but on a good day, if I dial 911, they are a minimum of 20 minutes away, and could easily take 30-45 minutes, depending on their location.

Now, here comes the TRUE story. When we first moved in here, Tom takes me out to a dirt pile, along with a 22 cal handgun. "Tina, shoot that tuna fish can that is in the middle of that sheet of plywood". I hear a noise and look around, and guess what, one of the "undesirables" is in our driveway, just the type of person I do NOT want to see. He strolls over and we exchange greetings, and he SEES what is going on.

"Hey Tina, do you think you can shoot that can" he asks. I look him square in the eye and say "yeah, no problem - how many do you want me to put in there". He tells me that one will do the job, but try for two. OK, I take aim and empty the gun. We all walk over to see what damage I did to that nasty tuna fish can, much to my surprise, I count 5 holes, the 6th hole is about 6 inches off.

The word gets out into the community, "you don't want to mess with Tina - man can she shoot - I've seen it myself". That's all it took. Thankfully, and by the grace of God, we have had no problems. I sleep with my gun in my nightstand, so does Tom. There are rifles behind almost every door in our home, exterior and interior. All I need is the rocking chair on the front porch - visions of Annie Oakley. Eeker

Seriously, Forrest, if they want in they are gonna get in, Barth or no Barth. I strongly advocate not only getting a gun, but knowing how to use it, and know what the laws are to defend yourself and your property. Just having a gun is not enough, your wife NEEDS to know how to use it, and also needs to know, shoot to kill, or shoot to hurt. Many people I know (some men folk too) would not be able to shoot another person, and that's only asking for trouble.

I've since upgraded to a 32 cal. and shoot about 1/2 box a month. It's a hobby, and I enjoy having the power, and the ability to resolve a problem, should it occur.

Good luck. Hopefully you'll find a solution, and your wife needs to know that the Barth did NOT prompt this problem. If they want in, they'll get in, Barth or no Barth.

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
They are working on establishing a CCW law here. I guess they are trying to get the sidearms off hips. We have open carry here and it does get used.

We also live out in the sticks away from the city and law enforcement. Most of the people around here protect their own. The undesirables seem to know that and stay away.

As others have already mentioned, if they want to get in they will regardless of what you have parked where. Changing your lifestyle to suit them is just wrong. Protect yourself, with an alarm, with a gun. With what ever means you need to do but don't stop doing what you like to do.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
This is Doris - my comment: my parents do NOT have a RV and got their home broken into, so did their neighbor (a state police) and another neighbor (a bank director, they broke the safe out of the wall. My old bedroom window faced his house, never heard a thing even they parked under my window). Now my dad installed bulletproof windows (unbreakable) on the lower side and a steel house door with some kind of safety bar. Last christmas the bad guys tried again, found it a waste of time to try my dad's home and broke into the state policeman's house again.
Our home is watched by the neighbors and I know how to use a gun (9mm or carabine with bayonnet). 911 will take too long. Get a big dog, our neighbors German Shepherd is always on duty (and watches our house for free). The bark will alert you and yes your alarm worked excellent. There are no guarantees in life.
By the way our neighbor got shot and robbed at a rest area (he is ok now), are you going to stop using public restrooms? A RV is the answer, no need to get out in the middle of the night to go potty! And your own germs....
Keep Barthing!!!

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:

Did the cops mention that you still might have had an attempted break in even if your coach wasn't there? Did these super sleuths tell you that the only houses that are targeted for theft have RVs parked in their driveways?

Actually, a MH in the driveway could be an indication that the people were home.

Certainly, a motor home missing from the driveway would be a sure-fire indication that they were off on a trip. I have friend whose house was completely cleaned out while they were out RVing. Many folks are apprehensive about keeping their MH visible, as crooks cruise neighborhoods looking for indicators and/or opportunities.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post